It's our "Last" Trip to WDW, so we're going DELUXE! *We're Back After 11 Days in WDW*

I hope the party was fun! Can't wait to see pics. I also can't wait to see what is in the package!!!

Love the princess tea pictures! Jessica would LOVE that!!!

I hope the party today is a huge hit! (I have no doubt it will be!)

How did you get to be a Mickey Mom???

Yes, the princess tea is really special. It is very pricy, but a very fun thing to do once (or twice if your camera is stolen and you lose all your photos:rolleyes:).

As for the Mickey Moms Club, anyone who applies to be on the Moms Panel (a panel of people who answer questions from other guests and provide trip and touring info on Disney's website) is automatically in the club. Your next opportunity to join would be in September, assuming they decide to continue taking new applicants for a 4th year.

Good luck with the party today Trish, I'm sure it will all be wonderful! :goodvibes

Thanks! It was great!:)

I'm a member of the Mickey Mom's Club too:banana:
When I tried to apply to host a party I couln't because I don't live in the USA:sad2:
I cant wait until you open your box so I can have a wee peek:cool1:
Looking forward to the birthday party too!!:thumbsup2

I still haven't had a chance to open that box...I'll explain why in my next post!

I'm sure Katie will have a wonderful time at her party-- make sure you post pictures!!

She did, and I will! Coming up later today/tonite!

Can't wait to hear how the big Birthday party went :goodvibes

Coming up!

WOOHOO! Can't wait to see what you are coming up with!! I am sure Katie will love it!

How do you apply to host a party? I am a member of the Mom's Club. Never known how to.

Hope you update tonight, but if you don't have time, I totally understand :laughing: Good luck tomorrow!

Emails were sent to all members about 2 months ago asking everyone to submit answers to 3 essay questions similar to the questions to get on the Moms Panel to get selected to host a party meant to promote Disney. They give a bunch of party supplies and decorations and brouchures for encouraging your guests to take a trip. Very clever advertising!;)

I believe they selected 1000 people to host a party.

Good luck with the party! I'm sure it will be a huge hit! :thumbsup2 And I love the photos of the tea party. It makes me want a girl! :cutie:

What is the Mickey's Moms Club? It sounds like fun!

Yes, the party was great! I will post more about it shortly! And see above 2 answers about the MMC!;)

I hope the party was fun! Can't wait to see pics. I also can't wait to see what is in the package!!!

I should hopefully get that box opened later today!;)

CR=Coral Reef in EP, sorry about that. It is one of my DH's favorites so it is a must do for us on our trip. Lands' End shoes: I ordered the ones you mentioned, flats and another pair similar to the ones you recommended. Unfortunately, they did not fit correctly so I took them back to Sears for credit.

What an amazing birthday party it is surely going to be! I love all the stationary and great goody bag! Looking forward to hearing about Katie's birthday party!!

Countdown to Katie's Paris Party

First off, we had a great party! I will post all about it shortly. But first, here is the crazy background.:upsidedow

Friday nite I had an appointment for highlights at 6pm. Originally I had been booked for next week, the night before our trip, but my appointment had to be rescheduled as my hairdresser at the last minute booked a trip herself to Orlando! Turns out she is leaving the same day as us! What are the chances??!!! I keep telling her that she is lucky she is staying at the Sheraton Vistana...otherwise, if she was on Disney property I may have been popping over throughout the trip for blowouts!:laughing:

Anyway, with the gazillion things I had to do for the party, taking 2 1/2 hours for highlights right after work was not ideal. But, I certainly couldn't go to Disney with roots either!:laughing:

So after my appointment, I stopped in at Winners (a Canadian version of Target/TJ Maxx). I bought these three serving pieces for the Party. Here is what they looked like when I bought them.

April2010065.jpg

And here is what they looked like after I got them ready for the Party:

April2010068.jpg

April2010067.jpg

April2010066.jpg

Much better!!!

After leaving Winners, I went to get groceries for the party (love shopping for groceries at 9pm on a Friday nite - no traffic!;)), then on my way home I stopped and picked up these eiffel tower cookies from the wonderful woman who makes all of the cookies for our parties.

Aren't these beautiful!

April2010078.jpg

So, by the time I got home Friday nite, it was 10:30pm. I spent about an hour or two cleaning, then I had to finish a report for work. By the time I got that finished it was almost 2:30am!

At 2:30am, I put on some great music and started doing my crafts for the party. Right after I kicked myself for not having finished this last weekend.

First up, the tissue paper hanging flowers:

April2010049.jpg

Let me tell you - these took FOREVER!!! I made 5 of them, but between assembling them and then hanging them (which was very difficult as I was working with monofiliment (clear wire) which is very finicky and difficult to fasten to both the flowers and the tacks that I used to hang them from the ceiling), I believe it took close to 2 hours.

At this point, it was nearing 5am, and was thinking an Oceans birthday party at a movie theatre 45 minutes from our house sounded pretty good!:laughing:

After the paper flowers, I started assembling the gift bags. Unfortunately my J.Crew headbands did not arrive in time. So I had to raid my gift drawer. Instead, I gave away J.Crew necklaces. I had a variety of colours of these necklaces in my gift drawer to give out as little gifts. Fortunately, I had enough, with about 2 or 3 to spare. And I will soon have a stash of 10 headbands to restock the gift drawer!;)

Here are the necklaces I gave out as favours:

April2010053.jpg

And all three favours together:

April2010059.jpg

I put them in these little gift bags with Paris tags:

April2010086.jpg

By this point, it was after 6:30am and the kids and DH were up. We had breakfast, got the kids ready and dropped them off at my mom's. My mom agreed to take the kids to Katie's dance class so Chris and I could pick up the cake, run to the store for hot pink decorating sparkles for the cupcakes that I forgot to buy the night before, and have some time at home without kids underfoot to get ready.

Before we picked up the cake, we had a very important pit stop to make:

amd_starbucks.jpg

Then we picked up the cake. I was very pleased, as usual with the end result, although it was very difficult to transport home!

April2010101.jpg

April2010102.jpg

When we got home, I started filling apothocary jars with jellybeams and treats. Then I started making the decorations for the jars, napkin holders and the cupcakes. I printed the parper accents from my printer and then used a scallop circle punch to cut them out.

April2010050.jpg

April2010051.jpg

April2010061.jpg

Then I started filling the pink chinese take-out boxes with decorated cupcakes which each girl would also be taking home as a favour:

April2010064.jpg

April2010084.jpg

After that, I started making all of the food, including sandwiches (with the Bonjour! press I showed earlier which each girl received as a favour), and the fruit and veggie trays with dips, humus, cheeses, ect.

My mom joined us with the kids shortly after lunch, and by this point it became apparent that I was just not going to get finished many of the things I had planned for the party.

I had plans of making an eiffel tower out of bristol board and a collage of pretty papers and flags that the kids would use to play "Pin the Flag on the Eiffel Tower". Clearly this wasn't going to get done.

I also plans of making a homemade banner which read "Bienvenue a Paris" with with scallop and circle punches and beautiful cardstock cut out as flags for each letter, hung together with pretty ribbons. This would have taken at least 1-2 hours to prepare, and clearly I was not going to have enough time.

Fortunately I had thought in advance to print out a couple of vintage Paris signs which I gave to my mom to cut out and hang at various places through the house while I was upstairs dressing and changing and getting the kids dressed. I never thought to take photos of them during the party, but they actually added a great little theming touch to the party!

So although I worked from 2:30am straight through until the party started at 2:30pm, I still ran out of time to get all of my plans for the party done in time! In fact, I was still doing a bunch of last minute things as the first of the guests started to arrive.:eek: However, all things considered, it was still a great party, and it seems people enjoyed it.

I have to rush off to swimming with the kids, but I will post all of the party pictures and more about the actual party later tonite!

Oh my goodness!

You really should do parties for a living.

Except with more sleep. Everything looks incredible, I cannot wait to see the finished product and party pics.

Your touches all look great to me...Can't wait to see the photos of it all together and an update of the party itself.

And that is one mega Starbucks coffee. After all the work you put it, I'm sure you needed it.

LOVE the biscuits and the cake. Such an amazing theme for a party and it all works!

It all looks amazing Trish! I'm exhausted though, just reading about it - I bet you slept well last night!

Umm...Trish? So when do you sleep? You are superMom!

I love everything you did for the party. I was thinking about you today when I was trying to get creative with invitations and decorations for Katie's graduation party. If you have any ideas, in between sleeping, packing and visiting the Mouse, please send them my way!

Can't wait to see the pics! And I hope you're getting some rest.

Oh my goodness!

You really should do parties for a living.

Except with more sleep. Everything looks incredible, I cannot wait to see the finished product and party pics.

Thanks! Full report coming up!

Your touches all look great to me...Can't wait to see the photos of it all together and an update of the party itself.

And that is one mega Starbucks coffee. After all the work you put it, I'm sure you needed it.

LOVE the biscuits and the cake. Such an amazing theme for a party and it all works!

That is a Venti Starbucks...DH & I get that size all the time. And many times it isn't large enough for us!:laughing:

Oh my! You really know how to throw a party!!!

Amanda

Thanks!:goodvibes

It all looks amazing Trish! I'm exhausted though, just reading about it - I bet you slept well last night!

Yes - Katie had her best friend sleep over, and DH left at 6pm for his flight. So at 8pm all 3 kids and I climbed onto my bed to watch one cartoon. The kids had to wake me when it was over long enough to get them into bed and then I went back to bed!:laughing:

Umm...Trish? So when do you sleep? You are superMom!

I love everything you did for the party. I was thinking about you today when I was trying to get creative with invitations and decorations for Katie's graduation party. If you have any ideas, in between sleeping, packing and visiting the Mouse, please send them my way!

Can't wait to see the pics! And I hope you're getting some rest.

For invitations, I would highly recommend And Everything Nice - I gave the link with my post of our invites. She has some really nice graduation invites on her site.

And check out Michael's...I just purchased some graduation cupcake toppers there that I will be using for Declan's pre-school graduation party in June. And they have a ton of other nice graduation decorations and party supplies!;)

Katie's Paris Party

So one of the other things that I ran out of time to do was to make a copy of this CD:

img30m.jpg

It is a fantastic CD...you can listen to a little sample of it here: http://www.potterybarnkids.com/products/french-playground/?pkey=dmusic

I bought the CD to play as background music for the party, and I also planned to burn a copy to play outside so that people could hear the music walking down our driveway and walkway to the party. I thought it would be a nice way to "set the mood", along with the "Bienvenue a Paris" sign I had planned to hang at the front entrance.

Another thing I had wanted to do was to make little Passports for all of the guests, and greet them at the front door, welcoming them to Paris, and stamping their passports with my Paris stamp. But once again, I ran out of time.

Oh well...enough of what I didn't get done. Let's talk about the party!

First thing I had the guests do when they arrived was color Eiffel Tower pictures which I printed from the Crayola website:

576.gif

Great activity to keep them entertained until everyone had arrived, and what kid doesn't like to color?

Next up, we were going to make Eiffel Towers out of wafer cookies. Of course I had to incorporate Disney into the theme somehow, so we travelled to our Paris kitchen and Remy gave instruction on how to build the towers:

eiffel-tower-cookie.thumbnail.gif

whatscooking.jpg

http://www.ngkids.co.uk/funstuff/pdfs/RAT_RemyRecipes_X4_FINAL.pdf

DH did a dry run first, thinking that we could give an example on how to build the towers. What a disaster! I think it collapsed before he could get 2 cookies to stand together.

As usual, it was the kids who showed us how to do it! Check out this tower:

April2010095.jpg

And someone else's who decided to build a Parisian poodle:

April2010094.jpg

I really underestimated how much the kids would enjoy making these. It was a real hit!

April2010088.jpg

April2010089.jpg

April2010090.jpg

After that, we took the kids outside where we did a freeze dance with the French music CD I mentioned earlier.

Afterwards, we were supposed to play Pin the Flag on the Eiffel Tower. Even though I didn't have time to make the eiffel tower with the pretty cardstock as planned, DH came to the rescue and made a pretty nice one himself out of pink bristol board. However, we completely forgot to do this!!!!

After the kids came in from outside, we opened gifts, and then it was dessert time!

April2010070.jpg

April2010071.jpg

April2010072.jpg

April2010074.jpg

April2010081.jpg

April2010076.jpg

April2010077.jpg

April2010106.jpg

April2010107.jpg

You can see the pretty impressive 5 minute eiffel tower DH made 5 minutes before the party started in the background. Too bad it never got used!:rolleyes:

After the cake was eaten, it was time to distribute the Paris candy bags the kids would use to hold their jellybeans, button candy and rock candy sticks:

April2010080.jpg

April2010110.jpg

And of course, before leaving each girl received their cupcake take-out container and giftbag with the party favours:

April2010083.jpg

And last but not least, their eiffel tower cookies:

April2010078.jpg

All in all, it was a great Party and we all had fun!

April2010113.jpg

Wow! :worship: That is incredible! You did a great job! Do you want to come plan Bella's birthday party? :lmao:

Beautiful party pics.
I love the Eiffel Tower cake and the fill your own candy bags.
You are a party planning genius :worship:

Soooo cute. You did an awesome job with that party! I really admire you!

Ohhh! I love how all of it came out!!! What an amazing cake and cookies!

All of your touches are just wondeful. I went shopping today for the rest of Abby's things for her party. I am ready to start putting it all together.

Let me tell you, we are two peas in a pod. I am a late-night-mommy too. It is the only time I can sit in silence and finish up projects.

I noticed that some of your crafts I am doing (napkin decorations, cupcake picks, etc). Yours came out just beautiful. Off to check out that French music website :thumbsup2

I am sure Katie and her friends had a blast at the party. Thanks for sharing...now go get some sleep girl :laughing:

Yikes Trish!! :eek: I'm not sure whether to think you are superwoman or insane!!

Hope you got a good night sleep, you have some trip preparations to finish you know!

That dessert table is UNBELIEVEABLE-- seriously, can I fly you down to NY to do my candy/dessert bridal shower?? As we are not yet engaged, said bridal shower will probably be in a year or so. I know you are a busy woman, but can I pencil you in???
I wish I could have gotten those treat bags! Just beautiful! And, like I said before, not full of "junk" that a parent just wants to throw away.
I love the apothecary jars-- where are they from? And those dessert platters were gorgeous-- love the way you spiced them up with pink ribbon.
I'm positive Katie had a wonderful party-- she is a very lucky girl! Your DH's pink Eiffel Tower looked great, too-- good job for 5 minutes!!
On another note-- you're so close to your trip!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter