It's our "Last" Trip to WDW, so we're going DELUXE! *We're Back After 11 Days in WDW*

So I should be sleeping, but I just spent the better part of my night reading all 28 pages of your PTR. Reading about your all nighter before a birthday makes me exhausted. I just went to my twin nieces birthday party at a roller skating rink and that alone was tiring, let alone everything you did on no sleep!!!!

What a great party! I love the Eiffel Tower out of cookies! Looks like so much fun! And your dessert table looks like it belongs in a magazine! Awesome job!

Wow! :worship: That is incredible! You did a great job! Do you want to come plan Bella's birthday party? :lmao:

Thanks! And I would love to!:goodvibes

Beautiful party pics.
I love the Eiffel Tower cake and the fill your own candy bags.
You are a party planning genius :worship:

Thank you! I got some great ideas online and then just modified them to our theme!;)

WOW.. You need to be a party planner!!

Yes, I quite enjoy it!:)

Soooo cute. You did an awesome job with that party! I really admire you!

Thanks! It was fun. Exhausting, but fun!:)

:worship::worship::worship:

Your kids are going to grow up with such amazing childhood memories! :goodvibes

Thanks! Yes, I really hope when they look back they will be able to remember all the great times we shared!:goodvibes

WOW!!!! That's all I can say! What an awesome party! Love it!

Thank you!:goodvibes

Ohhh! I love how all of it came out!!! What an amazing cake and cookies!

All of your touches are just wondeful. I went shopping today for the rest of Abby's things for her party. I am ready to start putting it all together.

Let me tell you, we are two peas in a pod. I am a late-night-mommy too. It is the only time I can sit in silence and finish up projects.

I noticed that some of your crafts I am doing (napkin decorations, cupcake picks, etc). Yours came out just beautiful. Off to check out that French music website :thumbsup2

I am sure Katie and her friends had a blast at the party. Thanks for sharing...now go get some sleep girl :laughing:

Thanks Katie! I can't wait to see Abby's Party! I hope you post about it! Too bad we didn't live closer to one another...we could come help each other out and lighten the work!;)

Yikes Trish!! :eek: I'm not sure whether to think you are superwoman or insane!!

Hope you got a good night sleep, you have some trip preparations to finish you know!

Yes, I know! This trip is creeping up too fast!:eek:

That dessert table is UNBELIEVEABLE-- seriously, can I fly you down to NY to do my candy/dessert bridal shower?? As we are not yet engaged, said bridal shower will probably be in a year or so. I know you are a busy woman, but can I pencil you in???
I wish I could have gotten those treat bags! Just beautiful! And, like I said before, not full of "junk" that a parent just wants to throw away.
I love the apothecary jars-- where are they from? And those dessert platters were gorgeous-- love the way you spiced them up with pink ribbon.
I'm positive Katie had a wonderful party-- she is a very lucky girl! Your DH's pink Eiffel Tower looked great, too-- good job for 5 minutes!!
On another note-- you're so close to your trip!!

Thanks so much! :goodvibes If only I lived closer...I would LOVE to plan a dessert bar for bridal shower...I could really get excited about that! :)

I got the apothocary jars from Winners (Canadian version of Target/TJ Maxx). They were very reasonably priced - $11 to $15 each. And the dessert platters were I believe $8-12. Now that I have them, I plan to bring them out for parties, Christmas, Valentine's, St. Patty's, Canada Day, ect. I will definitely get my money's worth out of them!;)

So I should be sleeping, but I just spent the better part of my night reading all 28 pages of your PTR. Reading about your all nighter before a birthday makes me exhausted. I just went to my twin nieces birthday party at a roller skating rink and that alone was tiring, let alone everything you did on no sleep!!!!

Wow - that is quite a compliment!!! (Personally I think sleep is overrated anyway!:laughing:) Welcome to my PTR!:welcome:

Your nieces' party sounds like fun! I used to have roller skating parties when I was younger, but sadly our rink closed down.:sad2: So my kids will never get to experience that! It was quite the trend in the 80's that's for sure!:)

In my next life, I want to come back as your daughter. :worship::worship:

:rotfl:

What a great party! I love the Eiffel Tower out of cookies! Looks like so much fun! And your dessert table looks like it belongs in a magazine! Awesome job!

Thanks so much!:goodvibes

Wow! I don't know what else to say! Wow!!

:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

Sara

Thanks Sara!:)

Final Preparations

It's official: I am starting to get very nervous about the trip. It is almost here and I am not even close to being ready. Still have a ton of work to do before I go, still have to wash and pack my clothes, and get the house cleaned for my brother and his partner who are coming to stay and house sit and take care of our dog.

I have already cancelled the pedicure I had scheduled during my lunchhour the day before we leave. I need all the time I can get at work this week.

I am not sure how I am going to get everything done in time, but regardless, we will be at Disney by the end of the week!:goodvibes

On another note, I heard today on the way to work while listening to Inside the Magic podcast that there is a rumour that the Main Street Electrical Light Parade will likely be permanently replacing Spectromagic on June 11th, and staying until 2012 when there will be a new nighttime parade debuting.

I think I am in the clear minority here, but I am so glad that we are missing the change-over to the Electrical Light Parade. I LOVE Spectromagic and would be so disappointed to have missed it on this trip, especially because my husband and son have never seen it!

CopyofIMG_8075.jpg

The music to me is so moving.

On this Magic Night,
A million stars will play beside us,
Cast a spell of light,
Glimmering, shimmering, carousel-ling
'Round the world tonight,
A symphony in SpectroMagic.
Pure enchantment lights our way!

Oh, I can't wait to see this parade again, and introduce my whole family to it! And I will appreciate it so much more knowing it will be the last time we ever see it!

I'm glad we are missing the change over too. I've never seen SpectroMagic, but I did see the Main Street Electrical Parade at DL a couple of years ago. I will make it a point to be sure and see Spectro this time just in case it is going away for good!

:scared1::scared1: I will not be a fan if this is true! Spectromagic moves me in a way I can't explain-- the combination of that with Wishes IS Disney to me. I will not be impressed if they are permanently taken away!

:sad1::sad2::sad1::sad2:

OH MY GOODNESS!!! We love Spectro!! I am so glad we got to see it again before it is gone. Well, at least we know it will come back like Electrical Light is. Maybe I can show it to my grandkids :lmao:

I am SOOO glad that you and your family get to see it. You are right, the music is so wonderful :love::cloud9:

Awww man I am still sad. OH and boo to canceling your pedicure :hug: Maybe you can get one at the spa in WDW :thumbsup2

I'm one of those that have seen Electric Light Parade at DL and Spectromagic at WDW. I am also in the minority and am really glad to be able to see Spectro "one last time". In my opinion, it's a much better light parade the ELP.

Not long now...are you sure you can't squeeze in that pedi?

What an awesome party! :thumbsup2 We have that cd too. I get something called Little Passports each month for my youngest and that cd came when they traveled to France. :goodvibes

I love the floor in your dining room!

Your trip is getting so close. Even if everything doesn't get done you'll still make it to Disney and that is worth smiling about:goodvibes I like the MSEP but mostly for nostalgia reasons because it was the parade I saw at DL when I was young. I also saw it in CA a few year ago. But I have to admit that Spectro is a better parade. I thought they were just doing MSEP for the summer. That is a bit sad if it is gone forever.

I'm glad we are missing the change over too. I've never seen SpectroMagic, but I did see the Main Street Electrical Parade at DL a couple of years ago. I will make it a point to be sure and see Spectro this time just in case it is going away for good!

OMG Michelle - if there is one thing you have to do this trip, it is to see Spectromagic!!! How wonderful that you and your mom will be seeing it together for the 1st time! You will love it - it is a major highlight!:goodvibes

:scared1::scared1: I will not be a fan if this is true! Spectromagic moves me in a way I can't explain-- the combination of that with Wishes IS Disney to me. I will not be impressed if they are permanently taken away!

I totally agree!!! All I can say is this new nighttime parade better be spectacular to justify taking away Spectro.

Believe it or not, the rumour doesn't end with Spectro. Apparently when the new nighttime parade comes out, they will also be debuting a new fireworks show. All to take place in 2012 when the new Fantasyland opens.

Lots of changes!!!

:sad1::sad2::sad1::sad2:

OH MY GOODNESS!!! We love Spectro!! I am so glad we got to see it again before it is gone. Well, at least we know it will come back like Electrical Light is. Maybe I can show it to my grandkids :lmao:

I am SOOO glad that you and your family get to see it. You are right, the music is so wonderful :love::cloud9:

Awww man I am still sad. OH and boo to canceling your pedicure :hug: Maybe you can get one at the spa in WDW :thumbsup2

Yes, I am so glad that DH and DS will get a chance to see Spectromagic before it leaves. I adore it!:goodvibes

While I am disappointed to miss the pedi, I will feel so much better getting as much as I can done at work before I leave. I can always give myself one in the room at night after the kiddos are in bed! And save $50 in the process!;)

I'm one of those that have seen Electric Light Parade at DL and Spectromagic at WDW. I am also in the minority and am really glad to be able to see Spectro "one last time". In my opinion, it's a much better light parade the ELP.

Not long now...are you sure you can't squeeze in that pedi?

Wow...it looks like we clearly have a bunch of people who like me weren't cheering with the announcement that the ELP was coming back. At least we sneak in under the wire before it is gone!

What an awesome party! :thumbsup2 We have that cd too. I get something called Little Passports each month for my youngest and that cd came when they traveled to France. :goodvibes

I love the floor in your dining room!

Hmmm...that sounds interesting. I will have to check that Little Passports thing out when I get back from our trip!

Thanks for the comment about our floors. I like them because they add so much character to the house. They are in every room throughout the entire house, even the bathrooms and kitchen! However, they are not so great for cleaning as they have large cracks between the planks due to the nature of restored floorboards. They were reclaimed from an old schoolhouse.

Your trip is getting so close. Even if everything doesn't get done you'll still make it to Disney and that is worth smiling about:goodvibes I like the MSEP but mostly for nostalgia reasons because it was the parade I saw at DL when I was young. I also saw it in CA a few year ago. But I have to admit that Spectro is a better parade. I thought they were just doing MSEP for the summer. That is a bit sad if it is gone forever.

Yes, whatever happens, I will be in WDW by week's end. So it is all good!:)

Mickey Moms Club Party Box

Just a quick post for those interested in what was in our box for the MMC Party hosting. Exactly the same as last year. Includes mickey head balloons, napkins, bingo and game cards, trivia cards, and souvenier sketch drawings and loot bags to give away to all the guests.

April2010.jpg

April2010119.jpg

April2010121.jpg

April2010120.jpg

April2010125.jpg

And, the hostess gift this year was a small tote bag. (Last year it was a WDW photo album).

April2010122.jpg

April2010124.jpg

Really, really brilliant marketing! ;)

My Baby Turns 7 Tomorrow!!!

Wow...I can't believe it. I became a Mom for the 1st time 7 years ago tomorrow. Where does the time go????

Katie is turning 7, and is about to take her 5th trip to Disney in three years. And each trip has brought us some of the most fantastic and wonderful memories that I will cherish forever!

I have friends who still haven't taken their 7 year olds to Disney because they feel that the kids need to be older to fully enjoy it. I encourage them as much as I can to change their minds and go now, because they don't know what they are missing.

I can't wait to see what new adventures my family will enjoy together on this trip that will get added to our collection of fantastic family experiences and memories! :goodvibes

image746-3.jpg

WDW-Mar2009256.jpg

Toronto010.jpg

image003.jpg

IMG_9252-1.jpg

IMG_9316.jpg

IMG_9282.jpg

IMG_9251.jpg

I agree!!! I always try to talk Moms into taking their younger children. That wonder and excitement does fade with age and is replaced by "Cool! Let's go on that ride!" I am so blessed to share that with my children and Katie is so lucky to have a mom like you to share with too :lovestruc

Abby is turning seven this Sunday!! Time does fly when you are having fun :goodvibes

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KATIE!!! :cheer2:

Aww happy birthday to Katie!! This is an exciting time for your family!! I loved the family throwback photos-- especially the assortment of Lilly apparel!! I want that dress of yours. There's a lot of new gorgeous dresses on the website-- the regency bubble dress is adorable. But, again, your family is beautiful. :)

I love all the Mom's Club goodies they sent you! and Happy Birthday Katie! Blink your eye and she'll be turning 18, like my Katie. :( I love all the pics and the trip down Memory Lane.

I agree. I think 4 or 5 is the perfect age for the first Disney trip. I am afraid they don't remember before that time. We took our Katie at 5, then at 6.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter