• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

It's our "Last" Trip to WDW, so we're going DELUXE! *We're Back After 11 Days in WDW*

I agree!!! I always try to talk Moms into taking their younger children. That wonder and excitement does fade with age and is replaced by "Cool! Let's go on that ride!" I am so blessed to share that with my children and Katie is so lucky to have a mom like you to share with too :lovestruc

Abby is turning seven this Sunday!! Time does fly when you are having fun :goodvibes

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KATIE!!! :cheer2:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY (in advance!) to ABBY!!!:goodvibes I can't believe how close in age our kids are!

Aww happy birthday to Katie!! This is an exciting time for your family!! I loved the family throwback photos-- especially the assortment of Lilly apparel!! I want that dress of yours. There's a lot of new gorgeous dresses on the website-- the regency bubble dress is adorable. But, again, your family is beautiful. :)

Thanks!:goodvibes

I agree - that Regency dress is pretty amazing! I have also been eyeing the Linda Marie Dress that was featured in W Magazine this month. However, I never buy full price!;)

I love all the Mom's Club goodies they sent you! and Happy Birthday Katie! Blink your eye and she'll be turning 18, like my Katie. :( I love all the pics and the trip down Memory Lane.

I agree. I think 4 or 5 is the perfect age for the first Disney trip. I am afraid they don't remember before that time. We took our Katie at 5, then at 6.

Yes...I can attest to the fact that the kids don't remember before age 4 or 5. I went at age 4, and as mentioned, I really can only remember time at the resort, not the MK for some reason.:confused3 I think I was just at the stage of starting to form lasting memories.

My son has been twice. Once at 22 months and once at almost 3, exactly 2 years ago this week. He has no memory of these trips. So I am pretty excited to see his "first" reactions to the Park all over again. I guess that is the benefit to taking your children early - you get to see initial reactions to the parks and characters on more than one trip!:goodvibes

Happy birthday Katie! What a lucky little girl!!! :goodvibes

Thanks! I consider our family pretty lucky to have her! She is such a fun, free-spirit and brings us so much joy!:goodvibes

I know exactly what you mean about time flying by. DS hits double digits this year...where does the time go?

Happy Birthday to Katie.

Happy Birthday to Katie!
And I'm with you on seizing the moment when your children are young. Those memories aren't just for the kids. They are for the parents too and they are irreplaceable! I can't wait to see what adventures this trip brings to your family:goodvibes

Cute stuff from the moms club!
Happy Birthday to your little girl!!!
Your trip is going to be awesome.
My kids remember bits and pieces from Disney even though we started them young. My 4 year old remembers the various princess dinners and her favorite rides and shows. She hasn't been to the Lion King show at AK for a year and she asked me the other day if we could do that again when we go in August! I think quality family time builds happy memories!!!

Amanda

cute serving pieces! Everything just sounds amazing! That cake is gorgeous! What a great party! You need to start a party planning busy!! Fantastic job! :thumbsup2:

I am so sad that Spectro is possibly not going to be running when head down in September. I would have loved DD to see it as she never has. :( Right now the Disney site still has it as Spectro so I am hoping but I have a feeling it is not going to happen.

Happy birthday to Katie!!!

17909.gif

Happy Birthday Katie!!!

Happy Birthday Katie!!

OMG! Tricia, have you checked the Orlando forecast!!! It's going to be unseasonably HOT!

Check out www.wesh.com Orlando's channel 2 news.

(I can't post the photo of the forecast. But it says HOT right across the screen!)

I'm in the middle of packing. I might need to pack some lighter weight tops and shorts now!!! :eek:

I know exactly what you mean about time flying by. DS hits double digits this year...where does the time go?

Happy Birthday to Katie.

Thanks!!!:goodvibes

Happy Birthday to Katie!
And I'm with you on seizing the moment when your children are young. Those memories aren't just for the kids. They are for the parents too and they are irreplaceable! I can't wait to see what adventures this trip brings to your family:goodvibes

Yep...I totally admit the reason my 22 month old came to Disney was for me, not for him. And it was worth every penny spent!;)

Cute stuff from the moms club!
Happy Birthday to your little girl!!!
Your trip is going to be awesome.
My kids remember bits and pieces from Disney even though we started them young. My 4 year old remembers the various princess dinners and her favorite rides and shows. She hasn't been to the Lion King show at AK for a year and she asked me the other day if we could do that again when we go in August! I think quality family time builds happy memories!!!

Amanda

I agree...vacations are one of the best bonding experiences a family can have. No distractions, everyone can focus on each other, not work, school, sports, ect. I LIVE for vacations!!!:goodvibes

Happy Birthday Katie!

Thank you!!!:)

:cheer2:HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KATIE!!! :cheer2:

Thanks!:goodvibes

cute serving pieces! Everything just sounds amazing! That cake is gorgeous! What a great party! You need to start a party planning busy!! Fantastic job! :thumbsup2:

I am so sad that Spectro is possibly not going to be running when head down in September. I would have loved DD to see it as she never has. :( Right now the Disney site still has it as Spectro so I am hoping but I have a feeling it is not going to happen.

Happy birthday to Katie!!!

Yes...in my next life I would love to come back as a party planner. I feel so limited in planning my parties by my day job!:rotfl:

Hopefully Spectro will be back and that is just a nasty rumour! Crossing my fingers for you!:wizard:

17909.gif

Happy Birthday Katie!!!

Wow - that is pretty impressive! Thanks!!!:goodvibes

Wardrobe Selections for Our Family Photo Session at Disney

A couple years ago, on our second Disney trip as a family, I managed to talk two friends of mine into joining me at WDW to run the Minnie 5k.

One was my friend Erin, who I have since met up with on 2 Disney trips. In addition to the Minnie 5k, Erin and I also ran the inaugural Expedition Everest Challenge. Here we are with my other friend Andrea (on the right) who I also talked into joining me for the EEC trip:

IMG_0790.jpg

Erin lives in Florida, and I am actually hoping that she is able to drive down with her girls to meet us for this trip.

Beth is another Florida girl, and she also joined me back in May of 2007 to run the Minnie 5k.

IMG_9203.jpg

In addition to being a great Mom, and a former model, Beth is also one talented photographer! You can check out her blog here: http://bethwildphotographyblog.com/

The minute I knew Beth had signed on to run the Minnie, I immediately convinced her to agree to schedule a brief session to take some photos of my family at Disney.

Beth and her family joined my family for dinner at 1900 Park Fare, where we again celebrated Katie's Birthday. (She definitely lucks out by us travelling within a day or so of her birthday each year as the trip always becomes a mini birthday celebration).

Here is Beth and her gorgeous family:

IMG_9204.jpg

And our families having dinner together at Park Fare:

IMG_9201.jpg

After dinner, Beth was able to spend some time with us taking family photos on the Grand Floridian Beach. One of my favourites from the session was this one of the kids, playing in the sand, with the Polynesian in the background:

bethwild.jpg

I love the idea of having professional photographs taken of my family at Walt Disney World to document the trip, and as a nice reminder of our vacation.

Unfortunately, Beth lives on the Gulf Coast, so she is not handy enough to drop by for a photo session at WDW. However, this trip I was able to book a session with a local Orlando photographer whose work I quite admire. I am very happy that we will be able to continue the tradition of having family photos taken on our WDW vacation.

However, the hard part is always trying to figure out what to wear. During our session with Beth, I went with a pale palette of whites and muted pastels. Beth was of course kind enough not to say anything, but I am sure it wasn't the most exciting choice of wardrobe for a photographer.

While I love the end result of our session with Beth, I have decided this time to shake things up and go with a more vibrant choice of clothing colors. Unfortunately, I am really down to the wire here in making my selections.

For me, I am thinking of:

erez

erez

For Chris:

erez

erez

For Katie:

erez

For Declan:

erez

erez

OR....as an alternative, a little less vibrant, but still somewhat colorful:

Katie:

erez

(skirt only):
d542db1638024326499368564e1c0883-450-Auto-1-0.jpg

Declan:

erez

erez

Chris:

erez

erez

Me:

erez

S10_77995_747_c.zoom.jpg

I have only literally hours left to decide, so I would welcome any and all feedback or suggestions!!!!

Happy Birthday Katie!!

OMG! Tricia, have you checked the Orlando forecast!!! It's going to be unseasonably HOT!

Check out www.wesh.com Orlando's channel 2 news.

(I can't post the photo of the forecast. But it says HOT right across the screen!)

I'm in the middle of packing. I might need to pack some lighter weight tops and shorts now!!! :eek:

Wow!!! I saw a couple days ago that it will be hitting the 90's for some of our stay. However, I didn't think that this was unusual. I am all for hot weather, but I hope it doesn't get too hot!:eek:

I love all of your choices. The blue dress with the yellow sweater is a great combo.
Those tops for Katie are beautiful. Who makes them?
I have to get a gift for my friend's daughter and would love to order one.

I love all of your choices. The blue dress with the yellow sweater is a great combo.
Those tops for Katie are beautiful. Who makes them?
I have to get a gift for my friend's daughter and would love to order one.

Those tops are from J.Crew...and they are on sale right now for $19.99, plus 20% off that!!! A true steal!!!;)

I am not kidding you - I bought them in all 3 colors (the violet is now sold out) in sizes 8 and 10. And once they arrived, I liked them so much, I ordered all 3 colors again in size 12. So Katie has 9 of these shirts, and will be wearing them for 3 years! I bought them at $19.99 each and thought they were a great deal...now at 20% off that...Incredible!!!:eek: They are absolutely amazing!!!

Oh man - you're asking the wrong lady if you want "subtle" or "restrained"... :rotfl: I ADORE color!

I love the first choices in all the bright colors, but I might even go so far as to swap out the first choice outfits for you and Chris in favor of the second choice ones so the whole family looks like an adorable fruit salad! :lmao:

If that's too much color, then navy on the adults and bright colors on the kids will certainly look cute, IMHO. :thumbsup2

Oh man - you're asking the wrong lady if you want "subtle" or "restrained"... :rotfl: I ADORE color!

I love the first choices in all the bright colors, but I might even go so far as to swap out the first choice outfits for you and Chris in favor of the second choice ones so the whole family looks like an adorable fruit salad! :lmao:

If that's too much color, then navy on the adults and bright colors on the kids will certainly look cute, IMHO. :thumbsup2

Hey you! It's about time you showed up...just as I am about to head out the door and close this thing down!:laughing:

I hear you on the color...it's go big or stay home, right? I just need some of your panache to be able to pull it off!;)

Love the beach pic! And great idea to have professional pics done at WDW! I like the brighter colors - that's my vote. All very cute and classy clothes!

Caught up here agian, it's been so crazy busy! :flower3:

Katie's party looks like a huge success! Great job with everything.

Love the choices for the photos as well. I really like the blue/yellow combination.

So, when exactly do you leave? Must be today, right? We are leaving bright and early tomorrow morning for our quick one night trip. I'll be looking for you all at Beach Club on Friday! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter