JUNE 1ST- NO CHANCE

At this point, I don't think June 1 is realistic. Disney was one of the first major businesses to close and I think it will be one of the last to reopen.

I will "line up" solidly in the "Who cares?" camp.

We have other -- MUCH more important -- things to worry about than WDW.

Yes and one of those much more important things to worry about it how everyone is going to be able to afford to stay in their homes if places like WDW do not re-open.

Nothing is free in life and what is happening now is necessary but to think that we can just indefinitely close the nation without even begin talking about when to re-open it is not realistic.

Those payments that are being delayed? That's not free. That's money you still owe. And those interest payments now being delayed? Those interest payments support jobs in banking.

The number of hospital admissions is dropping in the Seattle area. We have turned the corner. We will be back open sooner than people think.

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattl...eek-in-washington-offering-a-glimmer-of-hope/
I hope you are right, but one projection posted here on the DIS says not so fast.

It shows you peaking in mid-April and your deaths per day (which are way down right now) peaking slightly above your worst day and staying there for about a week in mid-April. You currently have a little over 220 total deaths; this projection suggests the final total will be 1,000 more than you have today.

I'm not sure how much confidence I have in the specific numbers. And Washington's situation may be different from "normal," whatever that is, because of the horrific tragedy in ONE nursing home.

But the main message is: "Don't think we're out of this yet, because we are not." None of us are out of it yet.

https://covid19.healthdata.org/projections

There is a music festival Fathers Day weekend that just announced they are NOT postponing at this time and comments were all YAY! Somethings not being cancelled. Something to look forward to.

Crazy if you ask me. I’m not planning to do anything that involves groups of people for quite awhile.

County Thunder rescheduled for near the end of the year. I can’t miss Luke Combs. He cracks me up.

The thing is this: we have to go back to "normal" as soon as possible. Our economy will collapse, imagine all the small business that will close, lay-offs, cuts, unemployment, another depression? To think that we'll all stay sequestered until late/end of August is absurd. No one will have jobs left to go back to. I'm trying to be positive, and forge ahead with life. Every news cast is different, outcomes change. Be positive.

I'm not sure how much confidence I have in the specific numbers. And Washington's situation may be different from "normal," whatever that is, because of the horrific tragedy in ONE nursing home.

My next door neighbor works for the University of Washington Medical System and he says the UW hospitals have been eerily quiet. They have a few Corona patients but they are not overwhelmed.

Our superintendent just email us and said it’s understood in Ohio schools will start First Monday in May. That way they can tie up the end of school year.

It’ll be interesting to see what attendance numbers are if schools do open this year. My son’s school is a private K-12th grade and is scheduled through May 1st to be online. They sent a survey to all the parents and asked if the local health professionals clear the school to open for the last 2 weeks of the year will you send your child. Only 10% said yes. So they made the decision to finish out online. I dont know if we’re a good indicator for other schools.

California schools are closed to June 19 by governor and state superintendent of schools.

So I don't think DLR will open before then

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter