Official Wine & Dine 2018

Man I'm so so bummed. I was really looking forward to getting this taken care of. I was so excited. :sad1:

Yes, I think we can assume all registration is suspended. I can't believe they would have the early AP/DVC registration after the regular registration. And notice that registration will probably not be next week...they are just promising an update next week.

That's what I was thinking too since it wouldn't be fair in my opinion to have AP/DVC register AFTER the general public. So the waiting continues!

"Registration for Disney's Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend is temporarily delayed. We will have an update on registration later this week, so please check back then. We apologize for the inconvenience and look forward to hosting our runners for the race at Walt Disney World Resort from November 1-4, 2018."

RunDisney has already changed the wording just a few minutes after the delay announcement was posted this morning. Now it says the update will be later this week.......

I continued to have the same AP site access issues this morning that many others reported last week. There may be other things going on with the W&D weekend, but it looks like the IT glitches were not fixed last week or over the weekend.

The only times I can recall them delaying registration were for the 2016 Wine & Dine weekend (when they added the 10K/challenge and moved the half marathon to a daytime race) and for what was supposed to be this year's Light Side (which as we all know was canceled). I'd be surprised if this doesn't indicate some kind of change for this race weekend...:scratchin

EDIT: I'd be shocked if they canceled this one, maybe all the schedule change rumors are true?? I hope you guys get answers soon, it's really frustrating that runDisney makes announcements like this so late in the game.

I too am always surprised at how they do sooooo many things so well, and then certain things like this seem to run into "glitches"...but I am trying to not get pessimistic! The 5k & 10k will be my first runDisney races so I am really excited and hoping it truly just is an IT issue.

Yeah, I guess they have no real incentive to change the way they operate?
Exactly!! Just like the annual messes around F&W event registration. Always something.

Then in a totally different area, the new room check policy being poorly thought out and questionably implemented... I just don’t get it from a company that gets SO MUCH right.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter