Over the River and Through the Woods to Mickey's House We Go! And Grandma is in Tow!

I figured out how to post the ticker. Used my computer savvy :confused: Your trip is really close. Hope you have everything ready to go. :woohoo:

Oh no!:eek:I'm already behind! I'm finally caught up on your last trip, and just hopped over to this one. 50 pages!! :eek: I better get busy!

Love the Animal Kingdom pics!! You made me want to hit up Rafiki's Planet Watch next trip... if for nothing else than searching for Hidden Mickey's also. :goodvibes

Where is this Elvis tree? And why have I never heard of? :confused3 I feel so deprived. :laughing:

Lisa, if we don't get to talk beforehand, I hope you, John and Hunter have a safe and magical time at Disney. :hug:

Hey! Lisa
your plans sound great! I know you must be busy busy getting the office in order before you leave...

I can't wait to follow along with you this year...I am so sad that we had to change our trip and we were unable to meet up with you guys this trip!

be sure to find the baby gorillia when you walk through...he/she is so cute!

I'm sure I'll be back before you leave...but, just in case

you guys have an awesome!!!! trip and have fun meeting up with everyone...
:wave2: Connie

I can't wait to read your next trip report. I thouroughly enjoy your reports. Have a happy, very fun and safe trip, hope your mom enjoys it as much as you all do :grouphug:

Well, I have to admit that I've done a pretty crappy job at keeping up with my pretrip report. I did finish up my 2009 trip report though so at least I can pat myself on the back for that.;)

Not only has it been really busy at the office but my mother had a little health scare which made us wonder if she was going to get to go to Disney with us (or even if we would have to cancel). She went to the cardiologist as a follow-up to the surgery she had a while back. They did an EKG and the doctor said there was some abnormal there and he wanted her to do a stress test and an ecocardiogram (probably spelled that wrong). Last Thursday (I think it was but my memory is blurry right now), she did the tests. The lady who conducted the stress test said she wasn't supposed to tell her but she passed the test with flying colors. The lady who conducted the ecocardiogram wouldn't say a thing even when asked. They just told her to call the doctor on Monday.

On Monday, she called the doctor's office and they told her the doctor wanted to see her on Friday (today). They wouldn't tell her why. When I talked to Mama, I told her to call them back and tell them she had plans and needed an earlier appointment. When she called back, the nurse said they could see her Tuesday. After waiting for almost 2 hours, she finally saw the doctor who said almost everything was fine. He did see a little something on the ecocardiogram but it wasn't major (I can't remember exactly what it was but it wasn't anything serious) and could be fixed by changing her blood pressure medicine.

Mama was madder than a hornet that they were going to make her wait and worry instead of just saying it's nothing serious but he does want to talk with you. I can understand them not wanting to give out bad information without talking with a doctor but good news should be okay to deliver.

So, now that we know Mama is fine and dandy and given the all clear to go, we're back in the Disney mood.

I have pretty much given up posting more of our trip details because I simply don't have time. But, that doesn't mean I can't tell you what I am doing to get ready for Disney.

All of my clothes and John's clothes are in a stack in the corner of our bedroom. I have to iron some of John's shirts but that's it. I have to get all of Hunter's stuff together but that shouldn't take too long.

I did online check-in Wednesday night for both our reservation and for Mama's.

Last night, Mama came over and we ordered our groceries from Garden Grocer. We also took out all of the "stuff" that I had been piling away for the trip. Mama insists on buying a few snacks so I think she's doing that today.

I am giving Hunter a little birthday party Sunday afternoon. Poor thing, his birthday falls close to Memorial Day weekend and everybody's always out of town. At least we can have his cousins over for a party.

Oh and we found out last night that the portable DVD player ain't what it used to be. Guess we'll be buying a new one this weekend. I am not getting on the road for 15 hours without one.

Hope to get back on the Dis this weekend and post more info. Ya'll have a great Friday!

Lisa, I am so glad that your mom's tests came back okay. I hate when doctors/nurses/hospitals do that...the waiting is worse than getting a timely report.

But now you can all be excited about your trip and have a great time.

So glad your mom's tests came back ok, that's crazy they let you guys worry about it needlessly. Looks like you are pretty close to ready for your trip, looking forward to hearing all about it when you come home.

Yay!! your moms ok!:goodvibes I hope Hunter has a good birthday party! Can't wait to hear about the rest of your packing.

Hi Lisa!:goodvibes I'm so glad your mom's tests came back okay! I hope Hunter has a nice birthday party!!:thumbsup2 If I don't get a chance to catch you before you leave...Have a wonderful trip!!:wizard:

Wonderful news about your Mom. Its amazing how Doctors will make you wait for any news, good or bad :confused3. Have a safe trip down and fun (like you won't) when you get there. HAPPY BIRTHDAY HUNTER!!!!!!:bday:

HI!!!! How did I miss this PTR?! :confused3 I am so sorry I am so late..school has had me very busy! I am so glad I did not miss your send off for your magical trip!! I am also happy that your Mom is ok :goodvibes My MIL has been waiting 4 days for results from her CAT scan.Stinks!!

OH and join my PTR if you have time before you leave---Christmastime :santa:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2466251

WHO DAT!

Wow, what a terrible "for no reason" scare! I would have been mad too! But I am glad to hear that everything is good!

If I don't post before you leave, cause I haven't been on too much the past few days, have a wonderful trip!!!! I'll be waiting to read all about it.

YAY! So glad Mamma is OK.
I know about the DVD players. Last Thanksgiving Claire and I went to my Aunts house for the weekend and I had the DVD player all ready to go. We pulled out to the gas pump by the barn to fill up before leaving and she kept telling me that there was no sound. I fiddle with it a bit and I just couldn't get the sound to work, so I guess that one is for the junk pile too. I think it's just sitting up in Paige's room now, hidden away. I keep saying I will fiddle more with it, but I doubt I'll get it working. It is pretty old. Luckliy it was only a 2 1/2 hour trip and Claire was good, she actually slept most of the way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter