Pfizer vaccine authorized for 12-15yo in US

My 13 year old and 15 year olds got their vaccinations on Thursday right after school. They had a sore arm and fatigue. One has a shellfish allergy and the other has fainted in the past and neither one had any issues. I didn’t like that Walgreens had no where for them to sit after the vaccine.

Glad they didn't have any issues...weird they didn't have anyplace for them to sit? My son got his vaccine at Walgreens but my DH took him, so not sure what kind of set up it was...

Glad they didn't have any issues...weird they didn't have anyplace for them to sit? My son got his vaccine at Walgreens but my DH took him, so not sure what kind of set up it was...
That is weird. I’ve been to two Walgreens for mine and my kids vaccinations. The one I got mine at had two chairs in front of every isle and two rows spaced apart at the front of the store. The one I took my kids to had less but still plenty for people doing their 15mins to sit down.

My dd14 got her first shot Friday. She has needle phobia, so afterwards she almost passed out and she threw up. Luckily, we got the shot at a hospital and the paramedic layed her right down and took care of her.

She had a good fever and was lethargic for about 48 hours. But she’s much better today. The other 4 family members have been fine with the vaccine.

That is weird. I’ve been to two Walgreens for mine and my kids vaccinations. The one I got mine at had two chairs in front of every isle and two rows spaced apart at the front of the store. The one I took my kids to had less but still plenty for people doing their 15mins to sit down.

The one where my son went is fairly new and kind of huge, so they had an area set up by the pharmacy. You'd think any site would need to keep people close by for observation!

Almost exactly 72 hrs later DD has hives. Oy with this kid. Could be related, could be completely unrelated.

He was very excited about getting a sticker and put it immediately on his water bottle. 😂

DD15 was mad she didn’t grab more than one sticker since they were laid out on a table. The one went on her water bottle, as well, but I can’t remember the other places she wanted to put them. She’s threatened to grab more next time 😂

DD15 was mad she didn’t grab more than one sticker since they were laid out on a table. The one went on her water bottle, as well, but I can’t remember the other places she wanted to put them. She’s threatened to grab more next time 😂

I didn't get a sticker when I got mine so when we go for his second dose I might ask for one for MY water bottle! :rotfl2:

our grandson got his two shots for the 16 to 18 age group.. then my granddaughter just got her first one for the 12 to 15 group.. she is 15.. now our whole family will be vaccinated.. only our four youngest great grandkids arent.. Maine jumped on this over a week ago when they came out with the new age groups

Really easy around here. My wife, daughter and I have been vaccinated for some time. Our son, 12, just became eligible. I was able to phone our local hospital and get a next day appt. Easy in and out. 19 more days until his second one!

My son 17 is already fully vaccinated and has been for a while. My daughter 15 got her first vaccination on the 13th. No side effects for either on the 3 injections so far. Her last is June 3 and we are all elated. She is high risk, so we have been virtual in almost everything since march last year. LONGEST YEAR EVER. Our district Middle and Jr High schools both ran vax clinics this week and last for first shots, so many onsite students were vaccinated too. Our numbers have been going down dramatically in our county. Last week there were zero positives in our entire school district and the county had less than half of 1% positive cases. So happy that we can look forward to an almost normal summer!

How is she now?
She’s fine. They lasted maybe 24 hours. She has randomly gotten them in the past and we’ve never been able to nail down what triggers them. Everything I’ve read says write down everything for the previous 48hours so it’s most likely not related at all. Thank you for asking.

She’s fine. They lasted maybe 24 hours. She has randomly gotten them in the past and we’ve never been able to nail down what triggers them. Everything I’ve read says write down everything for the previous 48hours so it’s most likely not related at all. Thank you for asking.

Hmmm, they're probably not related, but I don't blame your mind from going there. Glad they finally went away, though.

Just skimming these posts, but for those of you who have had your 12-15 year olds vaccinated, did they have any side effects other than a sore arm? My 18 year old did not have any side effects with Pfizer (either shot), but because of some things coming up, I want to do my best to time it right for my 14 year old. From what I think I've read on here, no one has really had any side effects, correct?

I have twins. My son got vaccine before my daughter. He was perfectly fine after 1st vaccine but after second vaccine he had a rough few days, was in bed, feverish, chills, extremely tired for 48 hours. My daughter did fine, only had a sore arm after he second vaccine. When she got home from the vaccine I made her steak and made sure she drank alot of gatorade that night and the next day. I read that protein was super important when getting the vaccine and obviously hydrating. They are 17

Last edited:
She's fine. What she experienced was adrenaline/anxiety. Totally normal, especially in teen girls.

Prolonged dizziness/lightheadedness would be a concern. An allergic reaction would have happened within the first 30 minutes.

Agree, my teenage daughter face got red after the first shot but it was obviously just anxiety. Before the second shot I noticed her face was red also. I think the kids have heard so much about this virus that it has added alot of stress to their lives about it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter