Resort Change by Disney

Is the pool bar due to be open? That would be a QS option ( kind of) and Sanaa has a breakfast now. Some sit down ( but not really TS) but some grab and go. The pool bar oh KD began ok option for me. And, the gift is hopefully open? So I can at least have a Paoer cup of Diet Coke handed to me ( several times) in the morning for my refillable cup! 🤣
Someone at Kidani posted that the pool bar was open, but only very limited offerings (like 4 sandwiches).

It really depends on who your third party is... UT seems to at least be reaching out to customers to confirm their reservations. I wouldn't be so sure about Travelocity. He at the very least needs to confirm his reservation so it doesn't auto cancel.
Hotles.com emailed wholesale for me and Disney replied that I would be changed and to keep an eye on my MDE. I have a 7/14 reservation

I have stayed at Jambo once before but never Kidani so I am getting stressed that I may not like it especially knowing there is no QS offered.
Ok
Someone at Kidani posted that the pool bar was open, but only very limited offerings (like 4 sandwiches).
its so weird to me, and maybe I don’t get “restaurant business” but why would menus never limited? I mean, what difference does 10 sandwiches have versus 4? Is it a “cost” thing? Or just maybe staffing? I really just don’t see his cutting a menu helps? ( not trying to be obnoxious, I’m seriously ignorant in this area)

Hmmm

That’s a sweet upgrade, congrats

Ugh, we are supposed to checkin on 8/11 to Pop

Who said this? I’m getting lost trying to keep up

Probably moreso DL hasn’t come to agreement with their unions. A demonstration was planned this weekend.
Under cover tourist. We got a call from them today about our Checkin on 7/26 (I said 7/29 earlier, oops) .

For anyone still trying to get through to guest services, my husband called the direct hotel number for the contemporary (because he had a question for when we check in) and I guess since the resort is closed it routed him through to guest services. Got through in 18 minutes to guest services. I haven’t been keeping up with this board but if people still keep getting busy signals try calling the closed resort directly.

August 22nd Destino Tower Club Level Is now Copper Creek Studio.

I shouldn’t complain, but I’m going to. It was this or Carribean Beach. Chose Copper Creek because I like Wilderness, however, not too happy that I don’t have a second bed.

May try to call in a few weeks to see if I can squeeze another bed into my stay. If not, I’ll probably bail.

Oh, I apologize! I misread your other post. I read it as "for those getting moved to CBR.... how?" - like they weren't offering you CBR at all. Sorry!

According to my TA, after the new matrix came out Tuesday, they are being firm on not offering any upgrades. Comparable, lateral moves only. :confused3
Yeah CM tonight said their system will not let them book a rate protection at anything other than the same level. He alluded that this was happening, but not anymore, which we’ve all seen here. Really, really disappointing. We are considering just paying for the upgrade at this point but feel pigeon holed and pushed into doing things we don’t want to do which is leaving a very bad impression.

For the emails sent out asking people to confirm reservations if they are before September 30, I called MS and they confirmed that email does not apply to DVC.

A big thank you to all who have suggested the 7866 number. It really is magic. Four or five redials and right in with no wait.
Yes!!!!!! I actually had to hit redial about 50 times until I was in, but once I was in, I only listened to about 10 seconds of a song before someone answered.

It reminded me of calling radio stations to win a prize back in the 90’s. Lol.

Thought I was going to lose it after hearing "its a small world" for the fourth time, but after 3 hours on hold we got through! Our Sept stay at All Star Movies was successfully changed to Art of Animation Little Mermaid suite at no additional cost! So excited :D
Was it a suite or a room? Little mermaid are the regular rooms (very cute) and the suites are Lion King, Nemo and cars.

its so weird to me, and maybe I don’t get “restaurant business” but why would menus never limited? I mean, what difference does 10 sandwiches have versus 4? Is it a “cost” thing? Or just maybe staffing? I really just don’t see his cutting a menu helps? ( not trying to be obnoxious, I’m seriously ignorant in this area)
Limited menus can help with both cost and staffing. For cost fewer items = fewer ingredients needed = less waste and inventory. For staffing limited options means less prep and more streamlined execution.

A big thank you to all who have suggested the 7866 number. It really is magic. Four or five redials and right in with no wait.

We spoke to two different operators today. Had POFQ. Only offer was Cabins or CBR with price matching.

Our 35% discount could be carried over to any open resort. We took a studio at Copper Creek.

Fair in my book. They offered a comparable resort for the same price. We didn't want it. That's not Disney's fault. The discount applied to our new choice is absolutely reasonable.

We also switched a July reservation to November as a backup in case things don't settle down in Florida. Right now, that one is rack rate which is also fair since we changed the date, not Disney.
Did you have the 35% off from free dining? If so where you able to remove the park hopper? Trying to get an idea of what is happening with everyone. Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter