Surprise at the Springs!!

Fitswimmer

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
Just got back from a visit to SSR, had a lovely time, the weather was wonderful and the parks were not that packed. However, I did get a bit of a shock at the Springs Wednesday afternoon while waiting for the MGM bus. I was sitting on the bench facing the lake with the water fountain and suddenly, from under the bushes slithers out a SNAKE!!!!! It was going towards the lake, not the bench thank God, but YIKES!!! My Dad and DN went for a closer look (crazy people that they are) and Dad pronounced it as a "harmless" rat snake. HARMLESS!!! :scared1:

I spent the rest of my visit watching the ground carefully. :scared:

This is one little piece of info that I will not be passing on to the family for our upcoming June trip. My sister freaks out at the little lizards.:rotfl:

I've seen a lot of rat snakes at the resorts. They are good snakes.

My best snake-at-Disney moment came at Blizzard Beach. I was sitting on a chair and a hge snake (like 2 feet long) slithered across the path, into the grassy island behind my chair and then UP the tree!!!!!!!!!

I've seen The Jungle Book, but somehow, it did not register before this that snakes went UP trees!!!!:scared1: :scared1:

Luckily, I am not afraid of snakes. Now, if I had been a cockroach or a spider......

I heard a lady say she brought a snake with her and wanted to leave him there,but couldn't.......he had the car keys.

I hate snakes, terrified of them. In my 15 trips to WDW so far, I have never seen one. Lot's of lizards and a few alligators, but no snakes. Thank God! Well, not never technically. When I made my first trip as a child in 1975, we camped at Ft. Wilderness and there was a snake at our campsite. I don't remember it though. Not because I was too young (I was over the age of 10), but probably I blocked out the memory due to the trauma of it! :) My mom reminded me about it last winter when we were looking at our photo album of that trip.
I do not want snakes ruining my WDW Magic! They are sneaky, slithery things, YUCK! Last spring I saw 2 outside the window of my office at work. I immediately called maintenance to remove them because they were near the boiler room door, which was propped open! I work in a nursing home and I don't think the hearts of many of our residents could take that.
Lori

Just another reminder ---- don't EVER stick your hand into the bushes in Florida. You just never know what's in there!

Just had a lady in FL get bit by a pigmy rattler working in her flower garden. We've had 2 pigmy rattler bites in Wal Mart in town in the garden section the last few years, plus I had one of my teenage pts bit by a rattle snake 2 years ago. So it does happen, one should be careful and look where you're walking.

Just got back from a visit to SSR, had a lovely time, the weather was wonderful and the parks were not that packed. However, I did get a bit of a shock at the Springs Wednesday afternoon while waiting for the MGM bus. I was sitting on the bench facing the lake with the water fountain and suddenly, from under the bushes slithers out a SNAKE!!!!! It was going towards the lake, not the bench thank God, but YIKES!!! My Dad and DN went for a closer look (crazy people that they are) and Dad pronounced it as a "harmless" rat snake. HARMLESS!!! :scared1:

I spent the rest of my visit watching the ground carefully. :scared:

I dont mean to sound rude, but Welcome to Florida! The state of snakes, alligators, and bugs.

My best snake-at-Disney moment came at Blizzard Beach. I was sitting on a chair and a hge snake (like 2 feet long) slithered across the path, into the grassy island behind my chair and then UP the tree!!!!!!!!!

Ditto, but we were at Typhoon Lagoon!

Bobbi

OMG! I'm going to have nightmares of snakes at WDW now! we are staying at VWL in Dec... I sure hope it's too cold for them then.

Had one on the patio of my first floor BCV studio in April. Just went across the patio and into the grass. Now, I HAAAAATTTTTEEEEE snakes, but will it deter me from having a first floor room again? Absolutely not! It surprised me that I liked being on the first floor so much.

My last trip, I was in the Grandstand section, I actually had a snake in my room. It visited my first morning, hightailed it into the laundry area when I tried to pick it up with a spatula to send it back outside and was never seen again. It was just a baby garter snake, only about 6-8 inches long and very thin.

in your room? nope, huh uh, no way... they would have been moving me to a different room

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter