VMK podcast

Hey aengus,
thanks for including the link to VMK Social. I am sure acemicfan will be so happy when he sees. Woot!

NP!

hey aengus another great podcast.
camarokid really thought he was someting after he heard his shout out, that is until he heard my voice mailed played! woot woot i am still cooler than camarokid!! thanks aengus!!

ROFL

staces, i am so cool!!!

aengus the podcast was awesome!!

:welcome: to the Dis, Camarokid! Woot for another Maryland Today in VMK listener! :teeth:

np Penguinz :)

Anywho good news podpeeps!

Not only is there a new podcast out.

I have released a companion video with it :) WOOT! Give me some feedback on it will you :)

I will apologize for the audio quality in both, stupid mic ROFL. anyways, I noticed things to work on in the vid cast portion but for a first run I was quite pleased and didnt see it worth re-working.

Enjoy!!

P.S. I will get youtube working for those who cant see them off the site. Youtube has a 10 minute limit i didnt know about. So tomorrow I will split it into 2.

Also, if anyone is wondering the companion video as you will hear in the podcast is details about the ride-a-thon :)

The new one is out? Woot!!

Thank heaven, because I could use something to help me get through what is sure to be about as wretched a day as a Friday could possibly be. I was afraid I was going to have to give you free and tell you that you're pretty to get you to release it. :lmao:

Seriously, though? Your podcasts are a real pick-me-up. My son is hooked on them, too. We listened to nothing else on a 4-hour drive each way to spend Thanksgiving with our family (when one would end, he'd immediately ask for the next one), and he was so enthralled that he never pulled out his Nintendo DS even once during the drive. Pretty amazing to hold the attention of a 7-year old boy for that long...kudos!

thanks redshoe :)

I will be curious to hear about your 7 year olds impression of the vidcast :) Not sure how the younger ones will take to that.

thanks redshoe :)

I will be curious to hear about your 7 year olds impression of the vidcast :) Not sure how the younger ones will take to that.

LOL...it's a cartoon! What's not for the kids to love?

I don't know how much of a representative sample he's going to be...the kid is frankly brilliant. He reads nearly on a high school level, and he can tell you how to get to almost any major city in the US, complete with interstate numbers, junctions (and what cities they're in), and alternate routes, just off the top of his head. He's a little bit scary, actually, and figuring out where to direct all that grey matter of his is fairly daunting. Point being...while he does have a lot of interests in common with other 7-year olds, he also has many that are just not even on the average 2nd grader's radar.

Ok, so now that I've given you that disclaimer about my particular child and his potentially skewed feedback, I will tell you this: I let him watch it this morning after he was done getting ready for school, and he loved it. He kept looking for himself in all the ride-a-thon footage, and was upset when we had to cut it short so that I could take the laptop with me to work. Big thumbs up from both of us on the video...I love the set, and was cracking up when you came out and waved at the beginning, with all the clapping. Absolutely classic!

Please don't make the audio podcasts go away, though. Although I love the vidcast, I really like the frequency and regularity of the traditional weekly podcast.

On a bit of a tangent, he also liked the Freezing Host Lily's Room story...he hasn't heard the audio podcast yet, but I told it to him to illustrate the fact that even adults - and even COOL adults - mess up sometimes. On top of being crazy smart, he has trouble with perfectionism, and puts a lot of pressure on himself. It got through to him and made him smile, so know that your faux pas did do a little bit of good. :)

He's going to be with his dad this weekend, but after he gets home I'll have him send you an e-mail so you can get his firsthand impressions. He'll be absolutely thrilled that you want his opinion!

Sorry so long. I do tend to get wordy when I'm talking about my boy.

haha. I know where all the major cities are too :) I have this google thing on my tv thingy in front of me :)

I would love to read his opinion in an email also!

The audio isnt going anywhere, and I expect the video might be more of a wrap up the month thing or special event. We shall see about that anyways :)

As I get better, I will be sure the audio show doesnt suffer as a result of me trying to crunch out a video also. This week no doubt it had an effect, but thats a learning thing

Oh and I didnt mess up, I was showing my superhero like ability to freeze the room. WOOT!

I expect the video might be more of a wrap up the month thing or special event.

:thumbsup2

I haven't listened or watched yet, but as soon as this room empties of co-workers, I sure will!

Aengus, my daughter and I loved the video!!! :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2
We're were totally cracking up when you walked out on stage!! Loved your stage and your background in the second room too, very cool! Very well done!!!

(I'm sure I'll enjoy the podcast too, always do, just happened to watch the video first and saving the podcast for later.)

Well, I just listened to the show and I have to say I absolutely agree with you regarding Splash Mountain. I chickened out previously and I forced myself to go on it the last time I was there and it certainly looks more intimidating than it is. We rode in the very back and didn't get the least bit wet from the drops. The only water we got on us was from the cannons that were fired off as other people dropped.

Unfortunately, I can't see the video because I don't have Quicktime on this computer and I don't think my work will allow me to install it on my computer.

Aengus, my daughter and I loved the video!!! :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2
We're were totally cracking up when you walked out on stage!! Loved your stage and your background in the second room too, very cool! Very well done!!!

(I'm sure I'll enjoy the podcast too, always do, just happened to watch the video first and saving the podcast for later.)

:thumbsup2

I haven't listened or watched yet, but as soon as this room empties of co-workers, I sure will!

Well, I just listened to the show and I have to say I absolutely agree with you regarding Splash Mountain. I chickened out previously and I forced myself to go on it the last time I was there and it certainly looks more intimidating than it is. We rode in the very back and didn't get the least bit wet from the drops. The only water we got on us was from the cannons that were fired off as other people dropped.

Unfortunately, I can't see the video because I don't have Quicktime on this computer and I don't think my work will allow me to install it on my computer.

Woot Splash mountain! I hope to resolve the issue with youtube tonight also so that will be an option for the quicktimeless ROFL. BTW have those people no shame, how dare they stand around and prevent your surfing!!

BTW have those people no shame, how dare they stand around and prevent your surfing!!

Exactly what I was thinking! :rotfl:

And YouTube is blocked here, too, so that's out of the question. Anything in an MPG? If not, no big deal. I can just watch it over the weekend at home.

Exactly what I was thinking! :rotfl:

And YouTube is blocked here, too, so that's out of the question. Anything in an MPG? If not, no big deal. I can just watch it over the weekend at home.

sorry, I don't I was just about to start figuring out what to do about youtube now

ugh! I am not winning the fight LOL. Looks like youtube will have to wait. I have tried 2 different programs and neither has worked. Maybe I will get a chance tomorrow to try again.

haha.. on the video you put that it was the November 2008 Royal Ride-a-thon! :rotfl2:

haha.. on the video you put that it was the November 2008 Royal Ride-a-thon! :rotfl2:

You mean Aengus can time travel, and he's holding out on us about whether or not Minnie and Magic Carpet are being released any time soon?

Oh, that is so not right!

Egad, well look at the bright side. Next year I dont have to do any work!!

You mean Aengus can time travel, and he's holding out on us about whether or not Minnie and Magic Carpet are being released any time soon?

Oh, that is so not right!

bad news about magic carpet... It didnt come out :( BUT! Minnie is out for Christmas !!! :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter