VMK's Pirates and Princesses Party Merged

Well, after a long wait in line, we had an even longer wait in the room, waiting for Fin and Hurry to appear. But we had some fun people in the room while we waited and had a good time telling jokes and being silly.

sorry but I'm going to rant just a little here. Not at the hosts but at management for poorly planning a party.

My son and I sat in different rooms and I kid you not waited an hour and a half in each room for a host to show up... an hour and a half. Thats a ridiculus amount of time to be sitting in the rooms. I know Fin was asking people to leave after being there ten minutes and that would have been lovely had it not taken so long for any host to show up. Management should have seen his problem ahead of time and allowed for the overtime to have more hosts on. Then after waiting so long yay Fin actually shows up. She asks one trivia question, awards one player a random pirate Q prize, chats for a few minutes and leaves. If you did not answer the trivia correctly you were given.. nothing. Nothing for waiting in line, nothing for waiting so long for them to show up. Even the parks give small trinkets to everyone. I think the event in a whole was a compete waste of time.. sorry but thats how I feel. I dont blame any of the Hosts, they were doing the best they could. Management needs to rethink this event before it is held again.

Here's a few solutions:
Allow a prize room and award a token "thanks for having a great night with us" room.

Have the Hosts carry the porter with them and after trivia is asked place the porter down so that (1.) people would clear out of teh room allowing more to enter and (2) people would recieve at least something even if they were not lucky enough to answer the trivia.

Allow for more hosts to be on at the same time. This would eliminate the hour and a half wait between room visits. Allowing more players to enjoy some time with Host during the celebration

Thanks to Fin it was great seeing you :)

Phinny was leaving the room when I got in. Then I waited maybe 45 minutes before leaving and never saw a host come in. I'm thinking they should have one host in each room the whole time or at least have a prize when you leave. It was fun, though, seeing how people like to entertain themselves when they wait. One girl started doing trivia for prizes. :goodvibes

I waited for around an hour in the room and host did not come. Phinny did come in to tell us goodnight and that the room was closed. We had a nice time playing our own trivia games and meeting new people!

:badpc: Worst event ever - and I am a Day 1 player and seen them all...

I spent no less than 45 minutes in a room where no hosts showed up - with the exception of Phinny to basically throw us out... Oh - but we all got hugs!!! Big flippin deal!!!

I was in the room on my other account "TheStuff-Fairy", and I ran my own trivia game and gave away my own stuff to keep people entertained. That was about all that made this evening fun for me - seeing the "wow" and "thx" when I put prizes up in the trade windows, and meeting new players...

Lame event - I'm glad I don't have to waste anymore time for the next few...

Rant over!!

Clicked in at the start of the event...started at 611 at 8:31 PM EST.

Queue shut down at 11:31 PM EST. I was still at number 13 in the queue.

Very disappointing. :sad2:

Worst event ever - and I am a Day 1 player and seen them all...

I spent no less than 45 minutes in a room where no hosts showed up - with the exception of Phinny to basically throw us out... Oh - but we all got hugs!!! Big flippin deal!!!

I was in the room on my other account "TheStuff-Fairy", and I ran my own trivia game and gave away my own stuff to keep people entertained. That was about all that made this evening fun for me - seeing the "wow" and "thx" when I put prizes up in the trade windows...

Rant over!!

LOL I was just about to ask you if you were in my room! I just met you, it would be me Fairypower! Thank you for the prizes and the trivia that you did for the room. Without that it would have made the wait even harder than it was

Will post this here, too. My suggestions for next event.

Ok. I need to say this first.

Thank you Fin, Bella, Harmony and all the staff for all the work they put into tonight! Beautiful rooms, Bella!

Here's some suggestions for the next party.

-Assign a host or hosts/staff to each room.
-Group A comes in. Do trivia and award entire room a TDM.
-Host spends a few minutes with Group A. Dance, talk, whatever.
-Host asks Group A to leave.
-Group B comes in.

Wash, rinse, repeat. Think it will run much better that way :)

Over 3,500 people in line for a party. Anyone care to take a guess at how many are mules? - sigh - I don't know. Doesn't seem right for something like this, does it?

Well I got in line at about 400 and when it got to about 50 I DCed.
Got back on and got in line at about 350 and it counted down and when it got to 1 I got the message saying the room was closed.

:confused3

So what was going on in the room???

LOL I was just about to ask you if you were in my room! I just met you, it would be me Fairypower! Thank you for the prizes and the trivia that you did for the room. Without that it would have made the wait even harder than it was

It was a pleasure to meet you, and I am glad that I was able to provide some entertainment - like I said in the room - got to make your own fun!!!

It seems that Host Fin was the only host giving out prizes. That might explain the long wait to get into the host rooms. Does anyone know if there was another host giving out prizes tonight?

I didn't get a hug but a nice shiny boot. :rotfl2:

I didn't see Phinny either; she pulled a Wizard of Oz and boomed at us behind the entrance walls, "Thanks for visiting!" followed by a kind reminder to scoot at closing time. Our trivia question: What happens when a roomful of people try to exit through the gold doors at the same time?

VMK's Pirate and Princess Party

5:30-8:30 PM PST
3/6, 3/11, 3/14

Dress up as a Pirate or a Princess and join us for a swashbuckling good time. Just look for the rooms titled VMK's Pirate and Princess Party and join our HOST as they lead players in dance, sing-alongs, trivia contest and even more merriment! HOST will have a bounty of prizes at the ready, so drink up me hearties, yo ho!

Not the Hosts fault but, this is pure bait and switch tatics. It was boring waiting in the rooms, we had lag-a-longs not sing-a-longs, and 1 prize per room. Where are the bounty of prizes?

I sure hope they change this before the next event, and post that they are changing it so people will know. They could have atleast gave out a pirate flag that we were promised from before.

On a scale of 1 to 10, I give this event a minus 10. :mad:

Not the Hosts fault but, this is pure bait and switch tatics. It was boring waiting in the rooms, we had lag-a-longs not sing-a-longs, and 1 prize per room. Where are the bounty of prizes?

I know I saw the dance end of it...thats where the lag came in... rofl.

Here are some highlights from our party room tonight. I had to leave before the hosts got there, so I hope one of you got to win a trivia prize!

It was great to see some familiar faces and meet new folks. I think we had a good time, hosts or no hosts. ;)

20080306191935sd0.jpg

20080306192604qw0.jpg

20080306192805dl0.jpg

20080306193004di2.jpg

20080306193316rv6.jpg

20080306193831xy4.jpg

20080306195337zu6.jpg

20080306195350em8.jpg

Will post this here, too. My suggestions for next event.

Ok. I need to say this first.

Thank you Fin, Bella, Harmony and all the staff for all the work they put into tonight! Beautiful rooms, Bella!

Here's some suggestions for the next party.

-Assign a host or hosts/staff to each room.
-Group A comes in. Do trivia and award entire room a TDM.
-Host spends a few minutes with Group A. Dance, talk, whatever.
-Host asks Group A to leave.
-Group B comes in.

Wash, rinse, repeat. Think it will run much better that way :)

This is funny cyre, I was sitting here telling King the same thing. Our kids waited in line, got in a room where no host was to be found and eventually grew tired of waiting. My idea was pretty much identical to yours - I like the idea of a little something for everyone in the room with one special trivia prize. We just left the queue and got lots of friendly pirate credits. :)

Hey fellow Pirates and Princesses! pirate:

I had a really good idea for the party, and I actually think I am going to send in the idea to VMK. First, let me tell you VMK how much I enjoyed the "limited availability" party pin! It was an awesome twist to introducing a new pin into the kingdom. However, with the actual party, and the given out of prizes. I have a suggestion or idea. What if each room had a host in it like was said, or even if that is not possible have whatever staff is available to help in each room. Lets say, if their are six rooms like tonight, and there are only four staff members available, then have each one of them in a seperate room. The two rooms that do not have staff members will eventually get a staff member soon. That's just a little suggestion or idea. However, my big idea or suggestion is that when one of the party rooms filled up have the players hang out with the staff member for a little, and then have the staff member place a teleporter down that leads to a prize room. However, have the prize be something to do with the event, like a limited edition Mickey's Pirate and Princess Party T-Shirt. I mean how cool would this be because these t-shirts are actually available at the real event. Don't you guys think it would be awesome to have even just a simple designed t-shirt that reminds you of the fun you had at a special VMK event? The shirt does not have to be over the top, but along the lines of maybe the Dream t-shirt? This would make waiting almost two hours in a long line worth it, and give meaning to this extra special event. I think this would be a great idea instead of having to wait in a long line, then wait again in a room for a little for a staff member to arrive, and then only one prize is given. What do you guys think about my idea? Let me know your opinions. If you think this idea is good write to VMK as well saying you would love this. :wizard:

:badpc: Worst event ever - and I am a Day 1 player and seen them all...

I was in the room on my other account "TheStuff-Fairy", and I ran my own trivia game and gave away my own stuff to keep people entertained. That was about all that made this evening fun for me - seeing the "wow" and "thx" when I put prizes up in the trade windows, and meeting new players...

Rant over!!

45 minutes is a LOOOOOONG to wait for you to get out so others can get in, no wonder she kicked you all out. LOL

All the suggestions and rants I have to agree 100% with!!

And w00t I did do better than Aengus didn't I? :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter