VMK's Pirates and Princesses Party Merged

Phinny was leaving the room when I got in. Then I waited maybe 45 minutes before leaving and never saw a host come in. I'm thinking they should have one host in each room the whole time or at least have a prize when you leave. It was fun, though, seeing how people like to entertain themselves when they wait. One girl started doing trivia for prizes. :goodvibes

Will post this here, too. My suggestions for next event.

Ok. I need to say this first.

Thank you Fin, Bella, Harmony and all the staff for all the work they put into tonight! Beautiful rooms, Bella!

Here's some suggestions for the next party.

-Assign a host or hosts/staff to each room.
-Group A comes in. Do trivia and award entire room a TDM.
-Host spends a few minutes with Group A. Dance, talk, whatever.
-Host asks Group A to leave.
-Group B comes in.

Wash, rinse, repeat. Think it will run much better that way

These are good ideas. However, there may be scheduling problems (having X number of people working that night) that may prevent that from happening.

All the suggestions and rants I have to agree 100% with!!

And w00t I did do better than Aengus didn't I? :woohoo:

Well I stayed in that line I got baited into and when it was all over I got to say hello to my bff host fin.

So I dont know, did you? :rotfl:

45 minutes is a LOOOOOONG to wait for you to get out so others can get in, no wonder she kicked you all out. LOL

She kicked us all out because the event end time came.

After waiting nearly 2 1/2 hours to get into that ridiculous room, your damn right I am going to stay in there to wait for however long it takes for a host to show up.

She kicked us all out because the event end time came.

After waiting nearly 2 1/2 hours to get into that ridiculous room, your damn right I am going to stay in there to wait for however long it takes for a host to show up.

That is a bit unfair to call the room rediculous, Bella worked hard for us to enjoy them regardless of if we saw a host or not. I did enjoy the rooms, but I see where your coming from, I was lucky fin walked in before I had to go oh and congrats BriarLori ( hope I spelt it right ) for winning fire wall!

Everyone that was in the room I was in waited an hour and a half just to see a host. Phinny comes in tells us to limit our time to ten minutes. LOL Huh...ok!

She told us about the pin, asked one question and left.

I am not quite sure I understand the point of the multiple rooms when all you did was wait. Did that speed up the process? I like everyones suggestions and truely hope they change it. :cool1: :cool1:

45 minutes is a LOOOOOONG to wait for you to get out so others can get in, no wonder she kicked you all out. LOL

That was the normal wait for a host to come into a room. It is not a porter game where you go in and out.

VMK's Pirate and Princess Party

5:30-8:30 PM PST
3/6, 3/11, 3/14

Dress up as a Pirate or a Princess and join us for a swashbuckling good time. Just look for the rooms titled VMK's Pirate and Princess Party and join our HOST as they lead players in dance, sing-alongs, trivia contest and even more merriment! HOST will have a bounty of prizes at the ready, so drink up me hearties, yo ho!

Based on the details, I figured a VMK Staff member was stationed in each room. Partied with individuals for a set time (5 mins), provided trivia to all for a chance to win a cool prize, then would asked everyone to leave through a lovely teleporter that gave you a nice "thanks for coming gift".

Quick party time with staff, then move on.

All I have to say is that I'm glad I had a Brass Quintet rehearsal last night...I don't think I would have enjoyed the party - had I tried to participate.

Congrats to those few who won a prize!

That is a bit unfair to call the room rediculous, Bella worked hard for us to enjoy them regardless of if we saw a host or not.

OK let me clarify - the room was beautifully decorated. What made it ridiculous was the poor planning and mass let down... And the people in the room with me did have fun, I saw to that...

:confused3 :confused3 .....and some of my friends wonder why I never bother to log into VMK in the evenings for events.

Sounds like I missed..............not much of anything.

Not the Hosts fault but, this is pure bait and switch tatics. It was boring waiting in the rooms, we had lag-a-longs not sing-a-longs, and 1 prize per room. Where are the bounty of prizes?

I sure hope they change this before the next event, and post that they are changing it so people will know. They could have atleast gave out a pirate flag that we were promised from before.

On a scale of 1 to 10, I give this event a minus 10. :mad:

I stopped listening to VMK pormises a LOOOOONG time ago.
Very few have ever come to pass.

"... have the prize be something to do with the event, like a limited edition Mickey's Pirate and Princess Party T-Shirt. I mean how cool would this be because these t-shirts are actually available at the real event. Don't you guys think it would be awesome to have even just a simple designed t-shirt that reminds you of the fun you had at a special VMK event?"

I like the suggestion that many had about one host or staff per room, no waiting. One trivia prize per room, per 10-minute "session." And then a teleporter to a prize room for everyone.

I especially like ShoreBoy's suggestion about a limited edition t-shirt. :thumbsup2

Hey Aliceblue, I was in that room too! Fin popped in about 20 minutes before the party ended and randomly gave a bird hat out... she said no time for trivia. I didn't win, but we had fun in our dance line :goodvibes

I think HOST_Phinny did a fantastic job considering she had no help and had six rooms to run. I think this event is a good concept but should be run similar to Hula's Green Day Party she had last year, everyone comes in, everyone gets a pirate or Princess themed prize (Pink Royal Throne would have made a wonderful exit prize) then they exit.

I also would prefer the pirate princess party items for sale were not under specials.

That is a bit unfair to call the room rediculous, Bella worked hard for us to enjoy them regardless of if we saw a host or not. I did enjoy the rooms, but I see where your coming from, I was lucky fin walked in before I had to go oh and congrats BriarLori ( hope I spelt it right ) for winning fire wall!

Thanks, that's my VMK title. I have it in my DIS signature, too. ;)

However, I was disappointed that because Fin was pressed for time to get to all the rooms, nobody else got a prize for their patience. I agree that a teleporter to a TDM pin would have been a decent prize for the long waits.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter