Who feels very smug right now owning DVC after looking at 2008 rates!

I think we should all feel very fortunate that we were able to take advantage of a vacationing opportunity that most are not able to afford. I don't feel any more special or entitled compared to those who are not DVC members. Everyone's opportunities present at different times in peoples lives, and this really pales in comparison to having great health, constant employment, and a free society.

Smug? Hell Yeah! :rotfl2:

I just went to the WDW web site and priced out my SSR 2BR stay in December. Room only for the same accomodations was $515 per night or just under $4100. That's about 1/3rd of my buy-in price. I was figuring on breaking even in around 10 years, but at this rate, I'll be even in half that time!

Throw that in your spreadsheet! :surfweb:

My DH and I figured out similar pricing between our last trip to BWV and our upcoming trip to SSR & AKV the total would be in the $9K ballpark. Granted if we were paying out of pocket, we wouldn't stay in a 2BR suite but that's just the point! We are able to enjoy larger, nicer accommadations by paying up front. With 3 boys, the thought of staying in a regular hotel room, well, I don't even like to think about. We are SOOOOO glad we joined in 2004!

I've read threads on the resort boards where people visit WDW several times a year and stay at Deluxes.....how can they not believe their money wouldn't be better spent with DVC? I just don't get it:confused3

I think we should all feel very fortunate that we were able to take advantage of a vacationing opportunity that most are not able to afford. I don't feel any more special or entitled compared to those who are not DVC members. Everyone's opportunities present at different times in peoples lives, and this really pales in comparison to having great health, constant employment, and a free society.

As the OP, I think you are missing the point of the thread! I wasn't saying I felt more entitled...I'm saying I felt darned smart to buy 11 years ago, and be able to stay in 2 bedroom suites instead of being stuffed into a Pop Century shoebox (not that I won't stay in the shoebox on select Friday and Saturday nights....)

OP correct me if I am wrong but I think part of this comes from being on other threads where certain posters basically imply that DVC is a rip-off or waste of money. In my experience (of course not always on either side) DVC members say it is not for everyone while some posters (non-DVC) say it is an over-priced waste of money.

I don't think any of us here think we are better than others or entitled just confident that we have a great deal of value in DVC.

OP correct me if I am wrong but I think part of this comes from being on other threads where certain posters basically imply that DVC is a rip-off or waste of money. In my experience (of course not always on either side) DVC members say it is not for everyone while some posters (non-DVC) say it is an over-priced waste of money.

I don't think any of us here think we are better than others or entitled just confident that we have a great deal of value in DVC.

Exactly!

Have you seen the AP rate mess going on today???

Not a lot of availibility at all. From what I have been reading only 2 of the values during parts of October - music and sports.

And only 2 of the moderates during certain time frames too, CBR and Riverside.

Plus very slim pickings at the deluxes.

ETA:
I am on the waitlist for 10/25, but have Movies booked as my back up. NO AP rate for that time frame, but there is for Music and Sports. Only $5 less then my AAA rate at Movies so I will pay the $5 more.

And for my 2 nights at CBR after Thanksgiving. 105 + tax, which only saved me $25 over AAA.

I was very blessed to have been able to buy in. I love my DVC. I will never regret my purchase. Even though some don't understand why I would own there. I don't have to stay in small rooms anymore if I don't want to.:goodvibes :goodvibes

Got to tell you all that it sounds VERY tempting... I really want to do it. I like the idea of having a vacation every year......

that's really the best reason to buy a timeshare, it will encourage you to take a vacation every year. we all happen to think that dvc is one of if not the best to own.

We feel smug not because of the room rates, but because our purchase and addons never cost more than $56 per point :thumbsup2

Of course, that was a long time ago! We need a smiley with a walker and an ear trumpet :)

Peter

I've never regretted purchasing into the DVC. I love being able to take vacations at a place that I love. DVC is not over-priced as some suggest. One must hang in there for 7 years, but after that, it's gravy.

We love our DVC because it gives us the opportunity to stay at our favorite Deluxe resorts as often as we would like. Add in the DVC AP and DDE card then it has become affordable for us so it doesn't take away from money being used for our 3 childrens school tuitions etc. DVC makes our vacations a reality instead of just dreaming about them. That is why we are so happy we bought into DVC!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter