Who feels very smug right now owning DVC after looking at 2008 rates!

Just think in 10 tears from now how much we will be saving.

I have thought that for several years. Especially when I look at the "deluxe" rates.

Sorry, but Disney's service model and rooms are FAR from the industry standard of "deluxe" while their prices are at the top end. For that kind of money, I will stay at the Ritz where they understand "service"

I love DVC and knowing that I will be able to back each year without having to think about just how much to budget for lodging. But as I always say to people who ask me about just why I bought DVC, Dvc is allowing me to stay in much nicer, and much larger accomodations than if I was still doing the rack rates for rooms. I don't think I would ever stay in more than a moderate (which I enjoyed as well, btw) and I probably would not go every year. That makes me sad just to type. :sad2:

With each passing trip and each increase in rack rates I am happier and happier that we are proud members.cool2:

Not smug either, but very happy! It looks like we bought in just in time! It looks like DVC will be the best second home we could ever own!

I use the term smug because I was thinking about all those people who post saying that DVCers are basically idiots, paying too much for rooms when it's cheaper to rent, etc.

And then there are the spreadsheet stormtroopers, who argue up and down that DVC is such a bad deal, etc.

I use the term smug because I was thinking about all those people who post saying that DVCers are basically idiots, paying too much for rooms when it's cheaper to rent, etc.

And then there are the spreadsheet stormtroopers, who argue up and down that DVC is such a bad deal, etc.

I have given up posting on DVC posts on the other boards. Too often I am made to feel like I was duped. For us DVC was a great deal and saved us a tremendous amount of money.

Another happy DVC owner here. When I show the post about the value room for $165, my first thought was "Glad we've got our points!"

in real dollars spent so far, our cost per point for lodging has gone down every year we've used dvc. what i mean is, since 1999, before our add on at akv, using every point we had every year versus what we had paid in total buy-in + annual dues, the cost per point was below $10.00, and had gone down every year even with dues increases every year. now i see why the guy at the desk in the lobby at okw one year told me to figure my cost at about $5 a point, because at the end of 2042 that will be about what it cost in total.

i'm no economics wiz, but i think that may be a bargain.

We love DVC :love:

I will say with each and every resort rate increase Disney is driving more and more people to join DVC. It's a Win-Win for Disney. Either pay the higher rates and stay in a resort hotel, or join DVC which is the biggest cash cow in the Disney company.

I'm glad we joined when we did. Because of DVC we are visiting the World 3 times this year and staying in excellent accomodations.

All I know is our upcoming November trip alone would've cost us 1/4 our buy-in cost. And I'd rather snuggle up with the dvc planner :hug: than a spreadsheet anyday. If I was looking for the best value, I wouldn't have bought. Not having to worry about that was part of the magic!:tink:

I have given up posting on DVC posts on the other boards. Too often I am made to feel like I was duped. For us DVC was a great deal and saved us a tremendous amount of money.

Well you are part of the evil DVC group that is going to ruin AKL! Next were on to the Contemp. then the rest of the World! :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Where's that crazy mad scientist smiley when you need him? ;)

I remember sitting on the bed at POP a few years ago after the SSR presentation and calculating what the values would cost us over 20 years. We always figured less than $100 during value season.

Now with this pricing structure, boy am I glad we decided to purchase DVC.

We figured staying in values after 15 years, it would pay for itself. Well, with these new numbers, it would pay for itself much much sooner.

So, yay thanks to my dh for agreeing to buy in! :)

And let's watch how quickly the DVC rental market gets going... hopefully the rental price per point will now reflect the demand.

In looking at rack rates for BWV (where we own), for the time in December we're going this year, the room rate is either $325 (value) or $490 (holiday) for a studio. (Our trip spans both "seasons".) I could never get DH to pay $500 for that room, but it makes our DVC points look like a bargain.

Glad we bought in too! I could never stay at a value or mod ever again!:rotfl2: I love, love, love my king size beds, kitchen and everything else about DVC!

We love DVC and are so glad we bought. We now go 3-4 times a year and love every mnute :cool1:

Smug? Hell Yeah! :rotfl2:

I just went to the WDW web site and priced out my SSR 2BR stay in December. Room only for the same accomodations was $515 per night or just under $4100. That's about 1/3rd of my buy-in price. I was figuring on breaking even in around 10 years, but at this rate, I'll be even in half that time!

Throw that in your spreadsheet! :surfweb:

Well you are part of the evil DVC group that is going to ruin AKL! Next were on to the Contemp. then the rest of the World! :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Where's that crazy mad scientist smiley when you need him? ;)

Oh, I don't know...maybe we're more like this:

locusts_narrowweb__300x335,0.jpg

or this:

borg_1.jpg

RESISTANCE IS FUTILE!

I'm just happy I don't have to be worried about renting points (which ALOT of people do since it's cheaper!) or finding a good code.:goodvibes

I think my friend's and family feel "smug" when they don't have to pay to stay at a great place and right on Disney property.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter