A rabbi, a priest, and a pastor board the Wonder: we're back!

Your magnet is adorable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wish my printer would coooperate with that paper (and iron on paper). YAY for carrying on rum and 3 bikini's! What more does a girl need? Ok, maybe a cute cover up and sunglasses...and a good book.

I may or may not have just ordered a couple of new ones. :rotfl:

Quick Hijack...

Pam

What are your deets on arrival for the May trip? Mary Ellen and I are re-arranging maniacs at the moment fitting in all our DISmeets and then some other fun stuff, and I really do want to try and hook up with you and your mom on your arrival day if it works out. I couldn't recall what your plans were though other than getting there on your DCL transfer lol.

Your magnet is adorable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wish my printer would coooperate with that paper (and iron on paper). YAY for carrying on rum and 3 bikini's! What more does a girl need? Ok, maybe a cute cover up and sunglasses...and a good book.

I may or may not have just ordered a couple of new ones. :rotfl:

I didn't either n but ordered paper from Amazon and it worked great. The trick was to just have one magnetic sheet on top with regular paper under.

Sunglasses! Thank you for reminding me. Mine just broke. I'd certainly perish without sunglasses. Thankfully I wear very cheap sunglasses. :thumbsup2

I am thinking I need a fourth bikini.​

Quick Hijack...

Pam

What are your deets on arrival for the May trip? Mary Ellen and I are re-arranging maniacs at the moment fitting in all our DISmeets and then some other fun stuff, and I really do want to try and hook up with you and your mom on your arrival day if it works out. I couldn't recall what your plans were though other than getting there on your DCL transfer lol.

Hijack away. Meeting Pam too? Dang girl, you're getting to know all the cool kids. :cool1: I am loving that you girls got the SWW breakfast. I saw that and I'm so jealous (in a good way).​

I didn't either n but ordered paper from Amazon and it worked great. The trick was to just have one magnetic sheet on top with regular paper under.

Sunglasses! Thank you for reminding me. Mine just broke. I'd certainly perish without sunglasses. Thankfully I wear very cheap sunglasses. :thumbsup2

I am thinking I need a fourth bikini.​

You can't have too many!

I would perish without sunglasses. Mine are not cheap as they are RX but luckily they are the one thing I have a very good track record of. Have never broken any and have only lost one. I had one stolen but that is not the same as lost.

You can't have too many!

I would perish without sunglasses. Mine are not cheap as they are RX but luckily they are the one thing I have a very good track record of. Have never broken any and have only lost one. I had one stolen but that is not the same as lost.

I agree! Plus I don't know how bloated I'll be so I need to bring my bigger bikini. :rotfl2: I have a bottom that has a ruffle and covers the most. I skipped wearing it in Mexico though looking back at the pics, should have opted for it. :scared:

I should wear prescriptions ones. I should also wear bifocals but they make me feel loopy. I'd rather squint. :blush:

I'll go to my favorite cheap sunglasses hit: Target! I've been to the store twice in the last 24 hours saying it would be my last time at the store before the trip. :rolleyes1 Today it was seasick medicine. We've never been seasick and have a boat but I don't want to chance it.​

I agree! Plus I don't know how bloated I'll be so I need to bring my bigger bikini. :rotfl2: I have a bottom that has a ruffle and covers the most. I skipped wearing it in Mexico though looking back at the pics, should have opted for it. :scared:

I should wear prescriptions ones. I should also wear bifocals but they make me feel loopy. I'd rather squint. :blush:

I'll go to my favorite cheap sunglasses hit: Target! I've been to the store twice in the last 24 hours saying it would be my last time at the store before the trip. :rolleyes1 Today it was seasick medicine. We've never been seasick and have a boat but I don't want to chance it.​

I have progressives for the sunglasses (and regular glasses too). Which cost an arm and a leg but is worth it. I've had RX sunglasses for years, can't drive without them and it's been painful to replace them with the progressives but oh it makes life so much nicer!

Loopy for a bit to get used to but once you train your brain, they are pretty slick!

Our trips are getting so close!

I drove down to Colorado Springs last night after I got off work to see friends of mine from Minnesota who were visiting their daughter and son-in-law. We hit an Irish pub and had a great time catching up! I drove home through rain, snow, sleet, and more snow and fell into bed!

This morning I had to go to get my very first mammogram (oh fun!) and now I'm trying to get loose ends tied up at work. After a chiro appt, I'm running home and starting laundry and PACKING! 3Am on Saturday is going to come soooo early!

Jill in CO

I drove down to Colorado Springs last night after I got off work to see friends of mine from Minnesota who were visiting their daughter and son-in-law. We hit an Irish pub and had a great time catching up! I drove home through rain, snow, sleet, and more snow and fell into bed!

This morning I had to go to get my very first mammogram (oh fun!) and now I'm trying to get loose ends tied up at work. After a chiro appt, I'm running home and starting laundry and PACKING! 3Am on Saturday is going to come soooo early!

Jill in CO

Yikes! I hope that you get some sleep. I just sent you an email! :hyper:

Jill in CO

3:00 is your flight time or the time you have to leave for the airport? :faint: We're early too but not that early. Our flight leaves at 8:00 am so Gabby will drive us to the airport about 5:45. That puts me up at about 4:30, 5:00 if I can get my act together. :rotfl: I'm a scattered mess. I really should have kept tomorrow off and am kicking myself for working now.

Those mammograms are a hoot huh? Did you ever dream your tatas could be so flat? Did it hurt? Get to that laundry girl! :hyper:

I have progressives for the sunglasses (and regular glasses too). Which cost an arm and a leg but is worth it. I've had RX sunglasses for years, can't drive without them and it's been painful to replace them with the progressives but oh it makes life so much nicer!

Loopy for a bit to get used to but once you train your brain, they are pretty slick!

I have progressiveness. I tried for three days without relief. :( They were spendy and useless.​

A month? Darn girl! I'll eat that elephant after the cruise. :crazy2:

Definitely. Not something to deal with on vacation. Other trick is to wear them as close to 100% of the time as possible as that will speed it up. Most folks are in the 1-2 week category and I was mostly there by then it was just a solid month to when I really didn't notice the change at all. At all.

I do notice now when I don't have them though! Not to mention glasses on/off all the time gets supremely annoying.

Definitely. Not something to deal with on vacation. Other trick is to wear them as close to 100% of the time as possible as that will speed it up. Most folks are in the 1-2 week category and I was mostly there by then it was just a solid month to when I really didn't notice the change at all. At all.

I do notice now when I don't have them though! Not to mention glasses on/off all the time gets supremely annoying.

What did you do about everything being blurry? That's the part I hate. It feels unsafe to drive in them honestly.

I know I need to just suck it up but can hardly get focus when I drive wearing them. I don't mind if I misread a few words here and there. ;)

What did you do about everything being blurry? That's the part I hate. It feels unsafe to drive in them honestly.

I know I need to just suck it up but can hardly get focus when I drive wearing them. I don't mind if I misread a few words here and there. ;)

Well, part of the trick is to be looking through the "right" part of the glass. One of the reasons mine took so long is I really bought the wrong "first" pair of progressives. It is a much easier transition if it is a larger lens. The ones I started with almost are more reading glass in size. Super cute but not a lot of transition space. When you are driving you need to be looking straight out and through the top part of the lens, not the bottom. Tilt your head if you need to and you'll be able to see the transition (or be able to see lol). Pushing them way up on your face helps too. Tilt head down if it's distance visi But really if unsafe driving, wear your other ones but then wear the progressives the entire rest of the time. All day at work, all day at home, even if you wouldn't normally wear glasses at all. For me, stairs were the worst

Pam

May 17-19, I think the only day we overlap is the 17th. I do so hope we can catch each other for a few minutes at least, if not more :)

Ladies - Have a wonderful cruise. I probably won't get back here before your D-days! Enjoy and take tons of pictures!

3:00 is your flight time or the time you have to leave for the airport? :faint: We're early too but not that early. Our flight leaves at 8:00 am so Gabby will drive us to the airport about 5:45. That puts me up at about 4:30, 5:00 if I can get my act together. :rotfl: I'm a scattered mess. I really should have kept tomorrow off and am kicking myself for working now.

Those mammograms are a hoot huh? Did you ever dream your tatas could be so flat? Did it hurt? Get to that laundry girl! :hyper:

I have progressiveness. I tried for three days without relief. :( They were spendy and useless.​

My flight is at 5:30 AM. I am starting to regret it even though I'm saving money. :)

It was so not fun...had to have ultrasounds too. Everything was fine though so I'm good for a year until I have to have a followup.

Laundry is going...and the packing is in progress!

2 more sleeps!

Jill in CO

Well, part of the trick is to be looking through the "right" part of the glass. One of the reasons mine took so long is I really bought the wrong "first" pair of progressives. It is a much easier transition if it is a larger lens. The ones I started with almost are more reading glass in size. Super cute but not a lot of transition space. When you are driving you need to be looking straight out and through the top part of the lens, not the bottom. Tilt your head if you need to and you'll be able to see the transition (or be able to see lol). Pushing them way up on your face helps too. Tilt head down if it's distance visi But really if unsafe driving, wear your other ones but then wear the progressives the entire rest of the time. All day at work, all day at home, even if you wouldn't normally wear glasses at all. For me, stairs were the worst

I think mine are too small, the glass part. I feel like there is so much going on in my peripheral vision. Thank you for this. I may have to suck it up and buy ones with a larger lens. You describe it exactly. This is my first pair of glasses. There isn't another pair. I should have done this years ago.​

Jenny, that magnet is adorable!

2 more days!!!!!!

I'm glad you didn't say sleep because goodness knows I'm not getting any. :crazy2: I've hit that weird no sleep, excited, stress phase.

I made you a magnet too. Not that one but another. Hope you like it. :goodvibes

Ladies - Have a wonderful cruise. I probably won't get back here before your D-days! Enjoy and take tons of pictures!

:goodvibes Thanks! I'm going to take a ton. And promise I'll keep up with the report. Am I the only one but do you all start thinking of titles before the trip? :blush:

My flight is at 5:30 AM. I am starting to regret it even though I'm saving money. :)

It was so not fun...had to have ultrasounds too. Everything was fine though so I'm good for a year until I have to have a followup.

Laundry is going...and the packing is in progress!

2 more sleeps!

Jill in CO

It'll be worth it to save money for sure. You can sleep when you're dead. ;)

Glad it went well. :thumbsup2 Ultrasound too? Fibrous?

Laundry going here too but no packing. I'm officially a night before packer. I don't when I took such a dramatic turn but here I am.

2 more sleeps indeed!!! pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust:

I think one are too small, the glass part. I feel like there is so much going on in my peripheral vision. Thank you for this. I may have to suck it up and buy ones with a larger lens. You describe exactly how it feels.

I'm glad you didn't say sleep because goodness knows I'm not getting any. :crazy2: I've hit that weird no sleep, excited, stress phase.

I made you a magnet too. Not that one but another. Hope you like it. :goodvibes

:goodvibes Thanks! I'm going to take a ton. And promise I'll keep up with the report. Am I the only one but do you all start thinking of titles before the trip? :blush:

It'll be worth it to save money for sure. You can sleep when you're dead. ;)

Glad it went well. :thumbsup2 Ultrasound too? Fibrous?

Laundry going here too but no packing. I'm officially a night before packer. I don't when I took such a dramatic turn but here I am.

2 more sleeps indeed!!! pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust:

I just got off the hook with my friend visiting tomorrow night. :cool1: He was a week early on the event we were supposed to go to...Glad he figured it out before he drove 2 1/2 hours to Denver! As much as I like spending time with him, I'm very glad I have the night free!

Jill in CO

I'm constantly thinking of TR titles! I can't believe that you all will be gone in a couple days. At least Jill will be here so that I'll be amused while the rest of you are gone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter