Can these Limited Magic events get any worse!

I am still hoping to see something for St Patrick's day. And I hope it runs for the weekend of St. Patrick's day since we leave on the 16th

I hope they weren't planning on having sales boost because of a certain event happening. Who plans a vacation with a few days notice just to meet a certain character?

I hope they weren't planning on having sales boost because of a certain event happening. Who plans a vacation with a few days notice just to meet a certain character?

:wave2:

I did a day trip (5 hours round trip) for Long Lost Friends. Does that count?

The first ten thousand lucky kids get slide whistles! And the second lucky ten thousand kids get real brass knuckles. Then, the first ten thousand lucky kids become unlucky.

They are probably considering with everything they have done over the last 5-10 years that they now have a loyal customer base and can remove discounts and generous promotions and still maintain the volume of customers.

Are you still going despite the smaller discounts and lame promotion?

Discounts? We're DVC, so the AP discount is about the only one of use to us. Loyalty? We've been faithful for over 30 years. Means nothing to Igor.

I did like the give a day get a day promotion, as we'll as the dreams promotion

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I loved give a day. We would have waited even longer to visit Disney without it. We hadn't planned on going for our "one and only" trip for some years yet. Getting give a day tickets got us there (and we paid full price to upgrade to 2 days). And within 3 months, we were back for a 10 day vacation. On top of that, it REALLY helped a lot of charities. There are lots of ways they could run the promo and control the flow of tickets. My charity actually processed through 50 -100 volunteers and did a TON of extra stuff because of this promo. It sure was nice to pick and choose the cream of the crop because of the promo. To control ticket giveaways, they could have limited the number of tickets each month, limited the number of volunteers for each charity, or even increased the number of volunteer hours required.

This is what Disney's own blog says:
"Throughout 2013, Limited Time Magic will surprise and delight Guests in fanciful and unexpected ways at Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Resort. New entertainment and imaginative events will only happen at certain times of the year—so be sure to take advantage of these opportunities while they're here."

Agree with your interpretation of limited. We are supposed to hurry up and "take advantage of these opportunities while they're here."

Confused because I haven't seen either fanciful or imaginative. Unexpected -yes. I didn't expect to buy soup at Cosmic Rays. Magical - not so much.

I was somewhat interested when I first heard of the promo. Fanciful and imaginative sounded GREAT. No, it wouldn't make me PLAN a trip - but how nice that we would get some extra magic during a planned trip. Would have added to the fun and we would have talked for years about the little bonus fun we got to see/do this year that we wouldn't get again. Not sure what they will have in mid-March - but not expecting anything at this point. There has been practically nothing "extra". Most LTMs seem to be things we know they already do. Just throw an extra character out there or something. I thought Disney was supposed to be imaginative - this has NOT been a good demonstration of that.

Not every event is going to appeal to every person. When I read that they were having a Spring trolley show, I mentioned it to dh and we both said how our dd would be disappointed that she didn't get to see it. She LOVES the trolley show, and we make it a point to follow them all the way up Main St so we can watch the show several times during each trip. Others simply pass by them and don't seem to notice the performance. To each their own.

So they sing some songs on lower Main Street by the flag pole and then continue up the street and stop and sing some more? I was wondering because on the new "spring" version I was watching online they sang one song and then I heard the announcer saying "Thank you for coming". So I thought, "Really, only one song?" So do they sing one song and go sing another one a few minutes later? or do they keep singing the same song over and over? :confused3

We've done WDW a few times on just a couple of days notice - and NYC, Boston, Chicago, so people do take spur of the moment trips. I fact, I don't know how people plan 6 months in advance (but I am jealous!)...I do agree that seeing a certain character isn't going to put that bee in my bonnet, those trips usually start with "hey, i've got nothing going on at work on friday wanna get out of here" not "hey, i'd really like to meet Rabbit, lets go to wdw":)

I live in Miami so is different but if LTM next week was the return on Tapestry of Nations I be there ASAP. :)

They should have run "Long Lost Friends" all year long. They could have rotated different ones in and out over the course of the year. I think it would have been very well received and probably wouldn't have broken the bank.

Agreed. This would have been a great idea. They could have even roated the same characters in and out.

So they sing some songs on lower Main Street by the flag pole and then continue up the street and stop and sing some more? I was wondering because on the new "spring" version I was watching online they sang one song and then I heard the announcer saying "Thank you for coming". So I thought, "Really, only one song?" So do they sing one song and go sing another one a few minutes later? or do they keep singing the same song over and over? :confused3

During their normal routine, they start up further on Main St (I should have said we follow them down the street, not up) and head toward the train station, which is their final stop. They ride the trolley and stop around 4x and do the same song/dance each time. I would guess that the spring show follows the same drive/stop pattern and that they only do the one song. It is a different song than what we have seen in the past, though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter