Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh nooooooo. I’m not even going to tell DD about CoH. She’ll be devastated.

I’m really contemplating cancelling this March trip. It doesn’t seem that it’ll be worth it. :(

Citizens of Hollywood and Monsters Inc...my daughter is just about in tears hearing about this. Like andyman8 said, it's their choice, not an inevitable thing. Chapek has to go.

Being ruthless and making incredibly unpopular decisions like this could be the reason Disney comes out of this pandemic in a decent or even good place.

I don’t think these decisions are inevitable in the sense that it’s lay these CMs off or go under, but I’m not going to sit here and pretend like I know better. It’s devastating though obviously for guests who are going to miss this stuff but mostly my heart hurts for those CMs who put their heart and soul into those shows and are now just done :(.

Oh nooooooo. I’m not even going to tell DD about CoH. She’ll be devastated.

I’m really contemplating cancelling this March trip. It doesn’t seem that it’ll be worth it. :(
I think a lot of ppl will cancel. I know ppl who have trips booked for next year in hopes that things will be back to normal by then somewhat. If these are permanent cuts, ppl will go elsewhere.

This is awful. I certainly hope these things are all able to return (and soon), but if and when they do, what will they look like? Hopefully the affected CMs will be able to find employment elsewhere, but they won't be available to return if the shows come back. Seems like the permanent loss of a lot of experience.

Just a note: while we don't know for sure what will come back, not all of this is gone for good. Some likely is and its devastating. Festival of the Lion King for example is destined to return. Its an award winning show. Hoop Dee Doo has a good chance as well since its a dinner show so there is a ROI. I mainly worry for things like Citizens as that has been stripped several times already.

Bingo. They brought back Frozen sing a long of all things. They could’ve brought back FotLK, and Laugh Floor. This is to save money.

I agree, but I do think bringing back Frozen was strategic since there are only two rides without any height requirement at Hollywood Studios, TSM and MMRR. Even AS2 has a (short, 35”) height requirement. I think they needed to open something there because without any shows & meet and greets, there’s not much for under the 35”/38” tall age set at HS.

The entertainment is WHY people come. Rides and shopping only go so far. If, when the pandemic is “over,” these offerings or something to replace them don’t return QUICKLY, Disney will struggle to fill their parks and (more importantly to bottom line) resorts.
I understand the FNtM due to spacing of performers. I understand FotLK because of the inevitable heavy breathing of the performers. I understand the streetscape because the walkways need to be as clear as possible right now. But, once back to “normal” being possible, these things NEED to return or have shows in their respective theaters.
With Frozen Sing-a-Long opened, there is no excuse, IMHO, for Monsters, Inc, to be dormant.
We’ve never partaken in Hoop-Dee-Doo, so I can’t speak to the show or the theater. But accounts I’ve read make it sound cramped and not conducive to the current climate, and modifications I’ve imagined in my inexperienced mind can’t be cost-effective. I hope it returns, because it’s something we’ve talked about even as a pre-cruise dinner.

I think a lot of ppl will cancel. I know ppl who have trips booked for next year in hopes that things will be back to normal by then somewhat. If these are permanent cuts, ppl will go elsewhere.

This still won't put us over the edge to cancel. I'm very sad for everyone who lost their jobs though.

Hopefully there will be enough of us that go to help push through this tough time and at some point Disney can come back to hopefully most but not all its former glory.

I agree, but I do think bringing back Frozen was strategic since there are only two rides without any height requirement at Hollywood Studios, TSM and MMRR. Even AS2 has a (short, 35”) height requirement. I think they needed to open something there because without any shows & meet and greets, there’s not much for under the 35”/38” tall age set at HS.
And yet B&B is gone, open theater option, only 2 equity actors to pay, still popular show, it doesn't make sense

Right but why do they have to stop there. DHS could use even more. Opening BatB could go a long way. That purely to save costs. At the same time though even with the covid testing site on property there are still issues within performing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter