Disney extending 60 day FP to non disney resorts

I’m confused. I thought we got our “free” three fast passes a day at a certain time window because we were staying on Disney property . Didn’t think it had anything to do with DVC and was not a DVC perk.

As for all Disney Perks, DVC should be top of the food chain.

Fast passes becoming fee based reminds me of Universal studios where you can buy front of the lines tickets.

Last edited:
I’m confused. I thought we got our “free” three fast passes a day at a certain window as we were staying on Disney property . Didn’t think it had anything to do with DVC and was not a DVC perk.

As for all Disney Perks, DVC should be top of the food chain.

Fast passes becoming fee based reminds me of Universal studios where you can buy front of the lines tickets.

His argument was shot down so badly earlier in this thread. I would just ignore his line of reasoning.

"...the park formally known as Disney's Hollywood Studios and Epcot."

I'm behind the curve. Has there been an announcement or credible rumor that Disney is merging Epcot and Hollywood Studios into one single park (noting the singular in the post above) with a new name?

DLR just went to all app fastpasses this summer and its amazing. No more paper and long lines for FPs. Every 90 mins or so you just go into the app and grab a new FP at either park. So much more efficient and sooo many more rides. Lines worked way better. Huge improvement!

Totally agreed. We used MaxPass at DL and CA this summer and it was by far the best Fastpass experience we have ever had. FP+ was a major downgrade from FP (other than expanding the number of rides with it). This was a major upgrade. We got on far more rides with FP lines using MP than we ever could using FP+. Without it the experience would have been awful as the lines averaged over one hour. It was incredibly efficient being able to book your next FP while in the queue for your previous ride, and not having all the passes pre-reserved by people 2 months before.

I'm behind the curve. Has there been an announcement or credible rumor that Disney is merging Epcot and Hollywood Studios into one single park (noting the singular in the post above) with a new name?

No. Once again, please ignore that guy. He came on, ranted, was shot down, and disappeared. Made lots of unsubstantiated claims.

No. Once again, please ignore that guy. He came on, ranted, was shot down, and disappeared. Made lots of unsubstantiated claims.

I don't think that's fair of you to dismiss someone else's opinion quite so blatantly. He's entitled to what he thinks and has been a DVC member and poster around here for quite some time.

In every rumor I've seen in my time here there is always some truth. Over the years I've watched and learned that 'some' around here know what they are talking about, so much so that Disney has tried to shut them down.

On the other hand, speculation is speculation and you can take it or leave it. Just don't get so upset about the possibilities that you start denying others the right to speak.

Remember also that Disney has sold you one thing - a DVC room. After that it's all gravy - or disappointment, however you choose to perceive it.

I'm not any kind of insider - could care less. I've been at Disney on days where everything was a walk on. I truly believe those days are gone and now we must choose what we will pay for, and also plan our every waking moment. I've grudgingly started to plan a bit ahead - otherwise getting on FOP in November (2017) would have cost me perhaps 3 hours. Stuff changes. We are not always going to like it. Others have contacts in the know. (I don't.) I also don't spend a whole lot of time thinking about this stuff. It's not that important to me despite the fact I've owned a bunch of points at 4 resorts for 17 years.

No claims made on this board are substantiated at first. After a while Disney comes around the corner and makes their announcement. I'm usually happy about the 'head's up', especially the ones such as 'no expiry' tickets are going away. I listened and bought a lifetime of tickets.

In every rumor I've seen in my time here there is always some truth. Over the years I've watched and learned that 'some' around here know what they are talking about, so much so that Disney has tried to shut them down.

On the other hand, speculation is speculation and you can take it or leave it. Just don't get so upset about the possibilities that you start denying others the right to speak

This is exaxtly why I suggested others not pay his comments any mind. If you read through them on this thread, they insist that rumor, if even that, is fact without any supporting evidence, and then refuse to take anyone else's opinion into account.
He was basically yelling that the sky was falling and trying to give everyone else a hard time for not immediately believing him. Not the sort of posts I would reccomend someone spend their time reading, hence my comments about them.
Most likely other posts from him on other threads are great and completely worth a read, but the ones here missed the mark both in terms of content and delivery.

This is exaxtly why I suggested others not pay his comments any mind. If you read through them on this thread, they insist that rumor, if even that, is fact without any supporting evidence, and then refuse to take anyone else's opinion into account.
He was basically yelling that the sky was falling and trying to give everyone else a hard time for not immediately believing him. Not the sort of posts I would reccomend someone spend their time reading, hence my comments about them.
Most likely other posts from him on other threads are great and completely worth a read, but the ones here missed the mark both in terms of content and delivery.

As I had mentioned previously, the FastPass+ program is being extended because Disney Parks & Resorts is seeking to further educate its guests on the My Disney Experience app and, specifically, online reservation system. This has, indeed, come to pass with the Good Neighbor Hotels in the Disney Springs area.

Although some may find it to be distressing, the FastPass+ program will be changing in the near future. The number of FastPass+ reservations that may be booked in advance, for example, may vary by resort (e.g., more for deluxe resort guests). Moreover, additional FastPass+ reservations may be purchased for a fee.

I neither yelled at the sky nor expected people to believe me. The intent was to note the expansion of the system, to include additional hotels on property, for the eventual roll-out of a new system for advanced FastPass+ reservations.

There is a tendency to believe that Disney will not implement upcharges. In 2016, Disneyland and Walt Disney World implemented surge pricing for its park tickets. Moreover, the Christmas parade at Magic Kingdom used to be free, but became a hard ticketed event, which now can cost guests over $100 per person per night.

I stand behind my words. FastPass+ will continue to evolve to meet the fiscal expectations for the Parks & Resorts division.

Last edited:
Next year, Walt Disney World will implement a fee-based FastPass+ program, comparable to what has already gone into effect at the Disneyland Resort. The days of free FastPasses is coming to an end and this move is intended to familiarize Good Neighbor Hotel guests with the system, prior to the fee implementation.

Bob Iger - listen to the quarterly earnings calls. I am certain the CEO of the Walt Disney Company is a reliable source.

I neither yelled at the sky nor expected people to believe me. The intent was to note the expansion of the system, to include additional hotels on property, for the eventual roll-out of a new system for advanced FastPass+ reservations.

A paid FastPass+ system is coming to the Walt Disney World resort. You may not be pleased with the idea, but it is slated to happen next year. The Walt Disney Company has invested over $1 billion in its NextGen initiative and the fee-based system will drive return on its investment.

I have always believed from the start, even when we were among the first to test out the magic bands at the Yacht back in 2013 maybe, that this would evolve into more than meets they eye at the moment. I believe Disney has every intent to make money on more fast passes, or on the ability to book them sooner, or something to that extent. Its all about the $$$$$ in the end. I would bank on that.

I have always believed from the start, even when we were among the first to test out the magic bands at the Yacht back in 2013 maybe, that this would evolve into more than meets they eye at the moment. I believe Disney has every intent to make money on more fast passes, or on the ability to book them sooner, or something to that extent. Its all about the $$$$$ in the end. I would bank on that.
I can see something like this happening soon as well. I wouldn't expect them to allow too much earlier booking for a fee, though, as this would not seem 'fair' to others. Look at the uproar about people being added to the 60 day window. There would be a much stronger negative response if 60 days is no longer good enough.
The first extra piece is see being monetized is an extra Tier 1 fastpass for a fee. Everybody still gets an equal chance on one tier one ride, and you can always wait 3 hours in line if you want to ride another, or you can just pay the small fee of $15 and get it instead. Even though it is bumping someone else back in line in order to get you in, it doesn't seem that way as much as openly letting somebody book their fastpasses before another person can.

I can see something like this happening soon as well. I wouldn't expect them to allow too much earlier booking for a fee, though, as this would not seem 'fair' to others. Look at the uproar about people being added to the 60 day window. There would be a much stronger negative response if 60 days is no longer good enough.
The first extra piece is see being monetized is an extra Tier 1 fastpass for a fee. Everybody still gets an equal chance on one tier one ride, and you can always wait 3 hours in line if you want to ride another, or you can just pay the small fee of $15 and get it instead. Even though it is bumping someone else back in line in order to get you in, it doesn't seem that way as much as openly letting somebody book their fastpasses before another person can.
The will do it in some fashion. Who knows, we will see. I think once Star Wars opens up, the possibilities are endless for their revenue stream. I have no desire or interest what so ever in Star Wars, but might like Toy Story Land. I know my husband really wants to ride FOP in the AK at some point. Maybe after Star Wars opens, FOP might be easier to get? I am just at the point of wanting to take a break from the parks for a few years. Haven't been to a water park in like 8 years, and I just love Typhoon Lagoon, so we might do a few visits there and just chill until at the resorts for a while.

People will either dismiss or listen or ask for more info on rumors. All is quite fair to be talked about and you might be surprised how often things are brought out on these boards that come to fruition that many can't or don't want to believe. In this instance, from my experience in reading SpaceMountain77's posts, I don't see anything being talked about to be so summarily dismissed but everyone is free to decide for themselves. Sometimes these things are 100% on. Sometimes Disney is still working on them and they morph but the info that was provided was correct at the time. And sometimes Disney just changes their mind. All still fun to have discussed.

People will either dismiss or listen or ask for more info on rumors. All is quite fair to be talked about and you might be surprised how often things are brought out on these boards that come to fruition that many can't or don't want to believe. In this instance, from my experience in reading SpaceMountain77's posts, I don't see anything being talked about to be so summarily dismissed but everyone is free to decide for themselves. Sometimes these things are 100% on. Sometimes Disney is still working on them and they morph but the info that was provided was correct at the time. And sometimes Disney just changes their mind. All still fun to have discussed.
Not to mention that Universal has been doing this for years.

Universal has free unlimited fastpasses for their hotel guests.

Only for their most expensive 3 resorts. They others either pay or don't have it. With their ticket prices pretty much equaling Disney plus getting money for FP access I'm sure Disney has long looked at that and tried to figure out how to make the switch to a similar set up.

I would be foolish to insist that Disney would never charge for fastpasses. Anything is still possible. I do not believe that they will and have my reasons for feeling so, and others think they will and have their reasons. That's what makes these discussions fun.
I start to have an issue when people present their opinions as fact, though, and then falsify sources (saying that Bob Iger himself said so) to help further their lies. It cheapens the argument and muddies the discussion with false information. I much prefer that people be honest where they are getting their information from. It makes it much more pleasant and manageable to have meaningful discussion.

http://www.kennythepirate.com/2018/01/09/disney-world-considering-upcharge-fastpass-system/

This sort of upcharge makes sense to me. Everybody gets the same basic service, but the few people who feel they are more special than everyone else can pay out of their noses to prove it. While I will not like waiting a little longer in line to ride the rides that they are fatpassing, at least I know that their money helps pay for upgrades and keeping my ticket a little cheaper.

Hey, notice how I linked an actual article to this discussion? Pretty useful, hunh?

http://www.mynews13.com/content/new...ticles/cfn/2018/1/9/disney_world_to_allo.html

Seems like it is a done deal now.

Last edited:
http://www.kennythepirate.com/2018/01/09/disney-world-considering-upcharge-fastpass-system/

This sort of upcharge makes sense to me. Everybody gets the same basic service, but the few people who feel they are more special than everyone else can pay out of their noses to prove it. While I will not like waiting a little longer in line to ride the rides that they are fatpassing, at least I know that their money helps pay for upgrades and keeping my ticket a little cheaper.

Hey, notice how I linked an actual article to this discussion? Pretty useful, hunh?

Can't say I'm surprised. It sounds too cheap to me though -- only $200/day for a family of four? Compared to what you're already spending on a club level room and tickets it's not that bad. Especially for people who don't visit frequently and want to accomplish a lot in one trip.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter