• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Florida begins reopening the state on Monday May 4th, when Disney?

I guess the way to discern if GA has seen an increase in cases is to look at the hospital admission numbers. Are they rising?

It also would help to know the dates when GA went from not testing enough to adequate testing when looking at those numbers.

You can look at hospital admissions which lag a few days. You can also look at % positive. that will take into account higher testing days.

I guess the way to discern if GA has seen an increase in cases is to look at the hospital admission numbers. Are they rising?

It also would help to know the dates when GA went from not testing enough to adequate testing when looking at those numbers.
Both my wife and I were turned away from testing after she was exposed by someone who tested positive and we both had fevers and shortness of breath back in March around the 20th. The urgent care we used sent us a message two weeks ago that now they are finally open for testing and so are other facilities. My father in law is a doctor who has been working at the hospital where our biggest spike was and he saying it's dying off and very much controllable now for them after a huge spike. He told us he's lost only 5 out of 100 patients so far and all had the same things in common being heavy smokers, elderly, and didn't work out. When we were told by doctors they were 99.9% sure we had the virus my wife's dad called us and told us to take mucinex, hot showers every 6 hours, and when it's the warmest to put a mask on and walk around our apartment complex to stretch the lungs

They don't offer health insurance to everyone they employ. As a p/t cm, I am not eligible for health benefits. Do I have health insurance, sure - through my f/t job. But if I get sick at my p/t job which in turn keeps me from my f/t job, there is a problem.
Not sure how they could prove where you contracted COVID. There is no way to prove you got it at you PT job, FT job or the grocery store.

Last edited:
AKL is worth staying by itself without the parks open. I pretty good place for refuge really -- only downer is real lack of food options.

If we use Shanghai Disney as their roadmap - hotels and resorts opened up relatively early and nearly two months now.
Resorts open at 20% on 5/11,hotels have not opened and do not have an opening date yet

• For Guests who have booked resort hotels for one of the days that Hong Kong Disneyland is closed, through one of the Resort’s direct channels, including our official website and Disney Reservation Center, please contact Disney Reservation Center via email to guest@hongkongdisneyland.com with Guest name and confirmation number for refund or cancellation requests.
  • For Guests who have booked a resort hotel stay for one of the days that Hong Kong Disneyland is closed through our official WeChat Mini Program, Fliggy Flagship Store and the Resort’s official travel partners, please reach out to your original booking channel for refund or cancellation requests. Hong Kong Disneyland will provide the best possible assistance as appropriate.
dated 5/5/2020

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    50.8 KB · Views: 8
  • 1588774039060.png
    1588774039060.png
    98.2 KB · Views: 6
It says it right here in this article they opened in March

Has been mentioned MANY times on these boards in other posts the hotels opened for limited operations back in March

https://deadline.com/2020/05/disneyland-shanghai-reopen-date-may-11-coronavirus-1202926767/
Yes and it's mentioned many times by people that this pandemic is just like the FLU, also false.Believe what you want just check your facts before you post something. The facts are the parks will open 5/11 with very limited amount of people allowed ,not the hotels. I do believe that sometime in March some of the area that would be comparable to DS opened, but that was all.Believe me we lost a trip in April and will probably not keep our august trip either.It's a bummer for all of us.

Last edited:
Yes and it's mentioned many times by people that this pandemic is just like the FLU, also false.Believe what you want just check your facts before you post something.

Shangai hotels DID in fact open to very limited operations on March 4. The OWNER of this site has even mentioned it in his podcasts.

If it something YOU personally do not want to believe that is fine. But fact is they did open back in March

Disney did say that its newest theme park resort, Shanghai Disneyland, would reopen on May 11 with “controlled capacity,” temperature checks and everyone wearing masks. “Queues will be structured and ride vehicles will be loaded to promote social distancing,” Disney said. Mr. Chapek said that Shanghai Disneyland attracted roughly 80,000 people a day under normal conditions. For the moment, the Chinese government wants capacity capped at 24,000 a day.

Shangai hotels DID in fact open to very limited operations on March 4. The OWNER of this site has even mentioned it in his podcasts.

If it something YOU personally do not want to believe that is fine. But fact is they did open back in March
So yes as I dug deeper the hotels in Shanghai did open in March you were correct, but the park will not open till 5/11/ with very limited guests. As I thought the conversation was about Hong Kong which has no plans to open anytime soon. Nor does WDW or Disneyland USA

I would bet that the first "opening" for DVC will be Vero and HHI. These are both small resorts where social distancing could be more easily enforced. Also, since they are a majority villas, people could cook for themselves, and even then, HHI has a walk up food service as does VB, so those could operate (though the sit-down in VB may still be closed).

So yes as I dug deeper the hotels in Shanghai did open in March you were correct, but the park will not open till 5/11/ with very limited guests. As I thought the conversation was about Hong Kong which has no plans to open anytime soon. Nor does WDW or Disneyland USA

Just pointing out-- you shot down folk for not having their facts correct several times while you simply read it as HK vs Shanghai

montreid said:
AKL is worth staying by itself without the parks open. I pretty good place for refuge really -- only downer is real lack of food options.

If we use Shanghai Disney as their roadmap - hotels and resorts opened up relatively early and nearly two months now.
"Resorts open at 20% on 5/11,hotels have not opened and do not have an opening date yet "
"According to the Disney HK website dated 5/5 they are still closed.Please check your facts "

-Again I say and look forward to Disney trying something like Disney Shanghai is doing - stage 1: DVC/Hotel + DD reopen. stage 2: Soft WDW open with stage 1 guests would be my preference ; stage 3: continue soft open with invited AP holder; stage 4 onwards - gradual attendance increase until resort hotels capacity nearing capacity and open to general ticket holders ---this protects brand as well as guests the most.

I would bet that the first "opening" for DVC will be Vero and HHI. These are both small resorts where social distancing could be more easily enforced. Also, since they are a majority villas, people could cook for themselves, and even then, HHI has a walk up food service as does VB, so those could operate (though the sit-down in VB may still be closed).
Don't forget AUL! We have August reservations and southwest tickets ready for them! :)

You can look at hospital admissions which lag a few days. You can also look at % positive. that will take into account higher testing days.
About 14.5% of the people tested in GA have had a positive Covid result as of yesterday. Keep in mind that for most of this time only people showing symptoms were tested. Out of the 30,000 positive cases, only 4% have required ICU care. The ICU % has remained steady for the past week at 4.0 - 4.5%. The % of positive cases has actually decreased since May 1. The May 1st % of total tests to positive results was 16.4%. I believe Georgia started opening on April 24. Tomorrow will be the 2 week mark since the initial reopening.

They don't offer health insurance to everyone they employ. As a p/t cm, I am not eligible for health benefits. Do I have health insurance, sure - through my f/t job. But if I get sick at my p/t job which in turn keeps me from my f/t job, there is a problem.
But how would they prove or how would you know you were sIck from your pt job? you could get sick from the grocery store.

Just pointing out-- you shot down folk for not having their facts correct several times while you simply read it as HK vs Shanghai

"Resorts open at 20% on 5/11,hotels have not opened and do not have an opening date yet "
"According to the Disney HK website dated 5/5 they are still closed.Please check your facts "

-Again I say and look forward to Disney trying something like Disney Shanghai is doing - stage 1: DVC/Hotel + DD reopen. stage 2: Soft WDW open with stage 1 guests would be my preference ; stage 3: continue soft open with invited AP holder; stage 4 onwards - gradual attendance increase until resort hotels capacity nearing capacity and open to general ticket holders ---this protects brand as well as guests the most.
Yes and I apologized and acknowledged that I was wrong, because I can admit it.
PS- It was 1 person that I was having a conversation with. Do you have anything new to say?

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter