How is anybody able to find...

Publix (our main grocery store chain here) limits how much TP you can buy. One pack per person. So they had it on my last trip. Not much, but it was there. There were no paper towels, however.

Also no baby wipes. I managed to get some on Amazon about a week ago. A week before that, I couldn't find them on amazon. SO I guess its a matter of looking daily.

Today was grocery day.

I went to our Jewel today to pick up a few things and got a huge 6 pack of paper towels and two liquid hand soaps. And the food was very well stocked. Lots of fresh produce and good selection of meat.

Then stopped in Target and got kleenex (they also had paper towels and tp). They also had hand soap, not anti-bacterial, but their Method brand which I love. I also realized I was wasting anti-bacterial wipes on my counter tops for regular cleaning, so I bought Method brand counter top cleaner. Then I can save the wipes and bleach sprays for more stringent cleaning (like raw chicken juice, eww).

I can’t believe that TP is still out of stock. This blows my mind. How much do people need? It’s been two weeks since this madness started.

I'm a teacher and we started distance learning today. This was an exchange among my 4th graders. Found it pretty humorous.TP Exchange.jpg

I guess you needed to be already in it. I can't even find them to add or subscribe.

Yes, we've had toilet paper and Bounty paper towels on subscription for a few years. My husband is constantly adding to our list. I'm usually complaining about being inundated with paper towels and TP, who knew that they would become such rare commodities.o_O

I can’t believe that TP is still out of stock. This blows my mind. How much do people need? It’s been two weeks since this madness started.

much of it's panic buying but it's also due to people being home 24/7 and consumption of an average household increasing.

tip on spray cleaner-if you have clorox or other pop up wipes don't throw the container away when you use the last one. there's generally a decent amount of liquid sanitizer at the bottom-put it into an empty spray bottle.

Publix (our main grocery store chain here) limits how much TP you can buy. One pack per person. So they had it on my last trip. Not much, but it was there. There were no paper towels, however.

Also no baby wipes. I managed to get some on Amazon about a week ago. A week before that, I couldn't find them on amazon. SO I guess its a matter of looking daily.
I never thought about baby wipes being "wiped off the shelves". I feel sorry for parents with babies. That shouldn't be something to have to stress over.

I can’t find flour or yeast locally. It’s more popular than paper towels.
No flour here either and that is what people keep asking for.....baked goods!!
I have about 5 pounds left, but it goes fast here
Call your local bakeries to ask if they are selling flour, yeast, sugar, etc. to customers. Small bakeries in our area are doing this to supplement their business. We bought our neighbor a bag of flour for her birthday!

We hit the stores when they open Saturday morning. Usually our local grocery store at 6 am and the Neighborhood Walmart at 7 am. We can't go during the week because we are both working.....my wife actually has to go in......me from home. The wonder of "essential jobs" Just two of us so the 12 pack of toilet paper should carry us for a while. Walmart had wipes. Paper towels took a week to find. Kleenex was the hardest, but I went to buy lottery tickets at the mini-mart, and they had all kinds of Kleenex. Don't forget places like mini-marts and liquor stores, a lot of them have paper products.

I live in a fairly well populated town with 1 grocery store. There’s never anything. I have taken to driving about 20 minutes up the road to a less populated town that has 3 grocery stores.

Generally I can find TP in one of them. Last week I found Lysol spray and bleach in one. No luck with wipes or hand sanitizer In any of them.

Got ours prepandemic. Haven’t found them since. one of our DD found a container of wipes while cleaning her room and got excited.

I’d really like to find Swiffer floor solution.

Got ours prepandemic. Haven’t found them since...
Tell me about it! If I've found it online, it isn't available to put in my cart. Or it disappears from my cart before purchasing. So frustrating. If I am able to purchase something, it's a brand I've never heard of (so I hope that the items are legitimate and not toxic) and I have no idea when it will arrive (May or June?). When DH goes to the stores (can only go on weekends because of work), there are no cleaning/disinfecting items or paper goods. We're doing okay for now, but if things don't arrive until May? This is going to be stressful!

Try the smaller mom and pop type places. I've had better luck with my local Mercado than the big stores, and very few people in there too. Besides which, I'd rather support a local family with my dollars. :-) Win Win. I don't use the disinfecting wipes at all. I have a few alcohol cleaning pads that seem to work for my limited needs (mainly staying at home). In my house, I use plain old soap and water, which works too. :-) I've not been in a store in over two weeks. I go outside only to walk. I touch nothing when I walk, so no need for it then.

My husband was at Costco yesterday morning for "early" hours, allegedly just for 60+ people (which we are) and first responders. The store was packed. Kind of defeats the purpose of "special" hours to create a safer shopping experience for vulnerable people. But, they DID have an excellent supply of toilet paper and paper towels. He didn't look at "disinfecting" products as we don't use them.

Stores that people dont typically flock to, such as the dollar store
Relatively certain the dollar stores here are considered nonessential, so are closed :(
See, I can find a few things I want on Pantry and then they tell me they have no available delivery slots. Very frustrating.
Pantry? I thought those orders are shipped? Why woukd there need to be a delivery slot? :confused3
Not sure about target - it might be on a separate screen, but staples and Wal-Mart definitely have it
Target, sometimes the option just appears on the producrt screen. So far, nothing I asked for n notifications on has been in stock (or it's just a feature to appease me, they have no intention of ever informing me).

much of it's panic buying but it's also due to people being home 24/7 and consumption of an average household increasing.
But then businesses should be consuming, so therefore buying, less. People just need to be flexible.

On the other hand, Staples and OfficeDepot/OfficeNax seem tk be all out, too, so who knkws what's going on?

My mum always likes to be stocked up on toilet paper because they apparently used to run out in her house when she was a kid (not a poverty issue, her mother would just forget to buy it!) so she and her siblings are now all paranoid about it. So when things were starting to heat up a little and our brand of TP was on special at her work she bought a 36 pack. I think that was about 4-5 weeks ago, a week before everyone else started panic buying, and we’ve only just opened that pack.

We always have tubs of wipes around the house as they are very useful when the cats have accidents around the house. Haven’t really been using them for Corona purposes though. We did find a random pack in the car that have been handy though.

Initially with hand sanitiser we were using some small spray ones that we hand in handbags. Then she found out the person who manages that aisle at her work had put some big bottles aside so she managed to get some and then we’ve refilled our cute Disney bottles. The hand sanitiser has just started trickling in now; we bought a bottle for someone last week and she thinks some more is coming in tomorrow.

However, if you’re staying at home then soap and water is just as effective and much kinder on your hands!

I lucked into some gloves and tp wipes on Amazon. Ordered, didn't expect until mid-April; got the gloves last week and the wipes are due Friday.

Found some TP when I hit a Target early one morning; they had some sanitizer and hand soap, but people were being rude and not following the buy one per customer rule. They were stopping it at the registers, though. I heard one manager telling another employee that they might put that stuff behind the 1/2/3 registers and hand out them there, directly to the cashiers. (Our Target doesn't have a customer service area. They have 3 checkout lined up on one big counter, and you go around and get in the line for those, for CS, order pickup, returns or less than 10 items.) Found paper towels and tissues that trip too.

I had a bunch of wipes and cleaners already, as I shopped at BJs and bought the big packs in February. I did find some Clorox spray cleaner and bleach at the same Target as the TP, and picked up 2 bottles of each (the limit). I really don't use bleach (no white towels or sheets), so I usually don't have it on hand.

Alcohol wipes, I picked up at CVS. They had them behind the pharmacy counter, and were selling them to people who needed them, like diabetics (DH has developed it since the transplant). So when I went in to get his needles for the insulin pens, they sold me a big box of them. The pharmacist said they decided to store them behind the counter because they have a lot of customers who need alcohol wipes for their medical treatments, and they wanted to make sure they could get them.

I have a ton of hand soap refills from Grove. I will restart my subscription and get a few more bags when I get down to one bag of each kind that I use (I have regular gel soap in the kitchen and foam soap in the bathrooms). I have a separate bottle of antibacterial hand soap in the kitchen that I use when I am handling raw meat, or after I take out trash/handle cat litter, or, for now, go to the store or get mail, and a big refill bottle of it that I got forever ago at Walmart.

I guess you needed to be already in it. I can't even find them to add or subscribe.
A random thought, but are you using an ad blocker? Sometimes, random things are blocked that shouldn't be. Turn off your ad blocker if using one and reload the page and see if that works. :)

Target, sometimes the option just appears on the producrt screen. So far, nothing I asked for n notifications on has been in stock (or it's just a feature to appease me, they have no intention of ever informing me).

With Target depending on the individual store and how they are doing their trucks the online counts can be off or they can disable the inventory counts if it's a really hot item that people are coming in to scalp, so the notifications aren't always a sure bet. It's store to store but that could be why you aren't getting any.

But then businesses should be consuming, so therefore buying, less. People just need to be flexible.

On the other hand, Staples and OfficeDepot/OfficeNax seem tk be all out, too, so who knkws what's going on?
Business supplies don't come from a grocery store or somewhere like Target.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter