King Charles Coronation

Well. Yeah.
I was just thinking about his Epstein affiliation.
I was thinking he may pass on this event.

I keep remembering a quote from the movie Richie Rich. The parents are heading off for a visit with the queen and the dad says he is bringing some strange thing he invented and his wife is horrified he would bring that to the queen and he said "I think she'll get a kick out of it. Anything to take her mind off those children of hers."

I mean, I complain about how stressful my kids are but good lord, they really gave her a run for her money. Edward has been the most stable, so far as I know, and even he wasn't totally without scandal.

Some were family members, others closer family.

Isn't one of the York sisters considered a working royal? I don't remember which but I am relatively sure one of them is. And they were both seated in that row with both their father and Harry.

Isn't one of the York sisters considered a working royal? I don't remember which but I am relatively sure one of them is. And they were both seated in that row with both their father and Harry.
Neither of the York sisters are currently working royals.
Down the road? I think it's possible maybe Bea might be asked.

I think it was also planned that way so Harry could sit next to Eugenie and Jack who he’s close to. And she Shute looked pregnant! Must have been hard to sit that long!

Surprised that Savannah, Isla and Mia weren’t there. I think they are old enough.

Didn’t spot Sarah or David but assumed they were there. Any paternal cousins there?

The paternal cousins were all there, they were photographed in the rows of non-working family, even the children of the Queen’s cousins were present - however I could understand the Tindall children not being present as they are once removed from King Charles ie Zara is his niece, they are Great Nieces (if that is even really a term) and their son is still a toddler so wouldn’t be invited.

The paternal cousins were all there, they were photographed in the rows of non-working family, even the children of the Queen’s cousins were present - however I could understand the Tindall children not being present as they are once removed from King Charles ie Zara is his niece, they are Great Nieces (if that is even really a term) and their son is still a toddler so wouldn’t be invited.
Yes but the older girls - Peter’s - are like 10/12. Old enough for such a historical event.

Paternal cousins I mean Prince Philip’s nieces/nephews and/or their descendants.

I guess I don’t see third row as a slight, since he was sitting with his daughters.
It would create more conflict and drama in the family as they had placed him somewhere in the back.

Don't think he was in full regalia, the order of the Garter is basically all that is left for Andrew. If it wasn't for the whole Epstein thing, he would have been on the front row in similar robes as William & Catherine and Edward & Sophie.

He is a duke, his daughters are much lower on the scale of titles, to be sitting at the 'kids table' is the best Charles could do.

Just noticed, he was sitting directly behind James, Earl of Wessex and Lady Louise, who are very far behind on Andrew & daughters when it comes to the line of succession.

Last edited:
I just lost the feed. Are they still going? PBS cut them off. I guess they didn't want to pay for more time.

Just in case I recorded the follow on program when I set it up yesterday. The show went over time but PBS carried it.

I'm watching the recording from a second PBS station showing the concert at a later time. Turns out, K. Charles wasn't expected to arrive for another 20 minutes. So the concert producers showed some pre-concert interviews of the performers & such to fill in the time. Since our PBS station only allotted 2 hours, they didn't know the live show would start and run late. So our local station just cut off the feed at the end of 2 hours. :(

The woman doing the interviews mentioned there has never been a coronation concert before. Another first for Charles. :thumbsup2

Last edited:
Just noticed, he was sitting directly behind James, Earl of Wessex and Lady Louise, who are very far behind on Andrew & daughters when it comes to the line of succession.
Those seated in the first two rows had nothing to do with the line of succession, and everything to do with the fact they were the working Royals, or children of the working Royals. If the Queen had not stripped Andrew of his title and duties, I’m sure he’d be in the first or second row.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter