King Charles Coronation

Its the 17th June this year

Charles has a lot of "firsts" to do. The first time he's doing the Trooping of the Colors, the first time he opens Parliament, etc. He did some of those duties on behalf of Elizabeth as she was not feeling well enough in the last couple of years. And it was rather low key. But, I think there will be a lot of coverage now that he's king. What crown will he wear, etc.?

And I think he will include the Cambridges as much as possible. He's got to show that they are a fun, tight family and that presumably Harry & Megan would have been included in all of that, but that they separated themselves out from such a tight, working family. :rolleyes1

Charles has a lot of "firsts" to do. The first time he's doing the Trooping of the Colors, the first time he opens Parliament, etc. He did some of those duties on behalf of Elizabeth as she was not feeling well enough in the last couple of years. And it was rather low key. But, I think there will be a lot of coverage now that he's king. What crown will he wear, etc.?

And I think he will include the Cambridges as much as possible. He's got to show that they are a fun, tight family and that presumably Harry & Megan would have been included in all of that, but that they separated themselves out from such a tight, working family. :rolleyes1

Well, that and he has far less time to get William up to speed than his mother had with him. Of course, no one knows exactly how long his reign will be but he for sure knows it won't be anywhere close to how long QEII's reign was. He does not have 70 years to ease William and Kate in slowly. He knows this. I imagine he will be bringing William along right out of the gate. He doesn't really have a choice. I'm sure he knows how hard the transition was for his mother, how unprepared she was and all that, and won't want that to happen to William.

If King Charles inherited the longevity gene from his parents he could reign for another 25 years. That would be a good thing for Prince William since he’s only 40 now. Time to raise his children.

We have the portrait of the current working royals. And good God, William is tall! Or Anne, Charles and Camilla are very short ;-)

The other official portraits can be found here: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...y-unveiled-official-Coronation-portraits.html

70730569-12059773-Left_to_right_The_Duke_of_Kent_the_Duchess_of_Gloucester_the_Duk-a-51_1683559242307.jpg

Left to right: The Duke of Kent, the Duchess of Gloucester, the Duke of Gloucester, Vice Admiral Sir Tim Laurence, the Princess Royal, King Charles III, Queen Camilla, the Prince of Wales, the Princess of Wales, the Duchess of Edinburgh, Princess Alexandra, the Hon. Lady Ogilvy, the Duke of Edinburgh

My very brief googling tells me that Anne, Charles, and Camilla are all very....average. Charles is about 5' 10", Camilla about 5' 8" and Anne is 5'6". William is 6' 3".

Well, that and he has far less time to get William up to speed than his mother had with him. Of course, no one knows exactly how long his reign will be but he for sure knows it won't be anywhere close to how long QEII's reign was. He does not have 70 years to ease William and Kate in slowly. He knows this. I imagine he will be bringing William along right out of the gate. He doesn't really have a choice. I'm sure he knows how hard the transition was for his mother, how unprepared she was and all that, and won't want that to happen to William.

Yes, he also wants the public to know William is prepared, whenever that time will be.

We have the portrait of the current working royals. And good God, William is tall! Or Anne, Charles and Camilla are very short ;-)

The other official portraits can be found here: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...y-unveiled-official-Coronation-portraits.html

70730569-12059773-Left_to_right_The_Duke_of_Kent_the_Duchess_of_Gloucester_the_Duk-a-51_1683559242307.jpg

Left to right: The Duke of Kent, the Duchess of Gloucester, the Duke of Gloucester, Vice Admiral Sir Tim Laurence, the Princess Royal, King Charles III, Queen Camilla, the Prince of Wales, the Princess of Wales, the Duchess of Edinburgh, Princess Alexandra, the Hon. Lady Ogilvy, the Duke of Edinburgh

Ugh, someone should have straightened out those capes. Where are all the pages when you need them? :lmao:

I am bumpingv this as I cant find a general Royal thread.. but it seems both King charles and POW are in for surgey..https://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/index.html

it seems Kate is in for abdominal surgery with a stay of 10-14 days and months out... What type of abdominal surgery has a stay that long?? Even a hysterrectomy you're out right away???

I am bumpingv this as I cant find a general Royal thread.. but it seems both King charles and POW are in for surgey..https://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/index.html

it seems Kate is in for abdominal surgery with a stay of 10-14 days and months out... What type of abdominal surgery has a stay that long?? Even a hysterrectomy you're out right away???
Wishing them both successful surgeries and good recoveries.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter