Resort Change by Disney

Seeing a lot of people move from Port Orleans to deluxe resorts at times when Caribbean beach is going to be open.... almost makes me want to call back to get my CB room upgraded 🤔
I thought the same when talking to my guest see girl. But where tries to push it, she shut me down. Thought about calling back. But not sure I want to go through the ordeal again. Bad thing is, she said she didn’t KNOW if skyliner would be running or not and that was the main reason I was ok with it

My TA has been on hold to help me change resorts since 7 am. She got through to someone who then said she had to wait two more hours for Guest SErvices and she got disconnected just now and the queue is closed for her to call. I'm about over all this. I can't make park reservations because something is screwed up with my account. Grrrrr.
I booked our rooms as a TA and can confirm the TA line queue is closed. Been trying for hours. So annoying!

I thought the same when talking to my guest see girl. But where tries to push it, she shut me down. Thought about calling back. But not sure I want to go through the ordeal again. Bad thing is, she said she didn’t KNOW if skyliner would be running or not and that was the main reason I was ok with it

Yeah, I'm mostly excited about being able to use the skyliner. CB looks great but if I can work my way into a deluxe resort I kind of feel like it might be worth it? Especially without the skyliner.... that would take away some of the appeal for me.

Ugh I’m another one whose TA is saying not to worry about our November POR reservation and that Disney will eventually move us. I’m just nervous that If I wait for a month or so for things to die down and let people with closer vacations get settled there won’t be anything left for me. I’m at a loss of what to do because my family is telling me it’s not a big deal but I just want this mess behind me. Luckily I have time on my side, but locked into our dates because of the Wine and Dine race. Hugs to all you July people still having issues!
I understand and am in the same “boat”. I don’t want to pester my TA because I know the craziness that is happening for her. I am guessing that we will be moved before they open up new reservations for the balance of 2020?

I wonder if I can just wait? We check in July 26. We were at ASMo. I'm actually really bummed bc my boys wanted the Toy Story theme. We've stayed at Pop before and it's great just wasnt our plan. I mean what are the odds they run out of Pop rooms? I could see the long holds if I was hoping to snag a Poly room before they run out. But Pop?

This must be my punishment for being able to make my park passes so easily.

Why oh why couldn't they have automatically moved resorts of people with closed resorts then told anyone who wasn't happy with those moves to call? It would definitely cut back on all these hold times.

I just got through on the #1936 number and after giving all the automated info wait time 2.5 hours UGH

I understand and am in the same “boat”. I don’t want to pester my TA because I know the craziness that is happening for her. I am guessing that we will be moved before they open up new reservations for the balance of 2020?
That’s what I’m hoping for and I feel the same way. Don’t want to be “that” client. Keep me updated!! I’ll let you know if I hear anything too

Yeah, I'm mostly excited about being able to use the skyliner. CB looks great but if I can work my way into a deluxe resort I kind of feel like it might be worth it? Especially without the skyliner.... that would take away some of the appeal for me.
I was told today that the Skyliner will be up and running when I was offered Riviera for my August stay

That’s what I’m hoping for and I feel the same way. Don’t want to be “that” client. Keep me updated!! I’ll let you know if I hear anything too
Definitely! What are your dates? We have two rooms November 6-13. ”Price protection” has become my new favorite term this week!

I have to say that I'm pretty disappointed with the way third party bookings are being treated. The second class status is definitely not worth the money I saved.
I don't think I will use UT (or any other 3rd party seller) for rooms at Disney again.
If I could, I'd just cancel and rebook with Disney, but who knows when that will happen again.

I have to say that I'm pretty disappointed with the way third party bookings are being treated. The second class status is definitely not worth the money I saved.
I don't think I will use UT (or any other 3rd party seller) for rooms at Disney again.
If I could, I'd just cancel and rebook with Disney, but who knows when that will happen again.

Honestly, direct bookings aren't being treated very well right now. It's just not a good situation and very un-Disney like behavior all around.

So I have to call and be moved? I have CBR starting on 7/26. I already have tickets and got park reservations yesterday. Some of the blogs I follow say just sit on it and Disney will move you with no additional charge. Some of the blogs say if you don’t move they will cancel you 7 days before your trip. Are you all being moved with no additional charge? Sorry I only went so far back in the comments, but that is what I gather.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter