Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker discussion thread (*** now contains spoilers ***)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, right. I was just responding to your initial statement that you were disappointed when they went to Endor but there were no Ewoks. It's because it was a different moon but still called Endor (Endor System).
Ok, I will clarify what I meant because at that time, I was trying to use fewer words when typing quick. I was disappointed there were no Ewoks on the base, initially.

Too bad no one bothered to tell Anakin that Jedi can use the Force to heal people. Could have come in real handy with mom.
I'm pretty sure it's not something every one of them can do

Ok, I will clarify what I meant because at that time, I was trying to use fewer words when typing quick. I was disappointed there were no Ewoks on the base, initially.

Ah, okay. That makes sense.

I'm pretty sure it's not something every one of them can do

Yes, this is an advanced Force power, like communing with animals. I think theoretically any Jedi could learn it, but some are much more adept to it.

Too bad no one bothered to tell Anakin that Jedi can use the Force to heal people. Could have come in real handy with mom.
i did think the healing was a bit overused in this movie. I thought the part with the big snake thing it was cool. The part where she heals kylos stab wound annoyed me a bit, but wasn’t the worst thing.

I guess I chalked up her ability to do it to her strong force lineage, and the fact she’s been reading the sacred texts for a year

We saw it last night and really enjoyed. Theater fans seemed to enjoy as well. I see the criticisms, but it didn't effect my overall enjoyment of the film. I should add though that I'm of the age group who most of the criticisms seemed aimed, i.e. pandering to the kids who grew up with the original trilogy. I'll never forget standing in line in San Francisco to see it the first weekend--I was 9. The ending back at Tatooine really got to me. I kept wanting to yell "Aunt Beru, Uncle Owen." Loved the moon shot.

I left feeling very satisfied. It gave me everything I needed.

literally screamed at Ben/Rey kiss. Also, and I'm sure another viewing will clarify, but wouldn't Palpatine's son (Rey's father) have been the big threat? Why was he so intent on Rey?

Solo and Rogue One weren't those as they didn't tie together with the main movieline).

You *did* see the ending of Rogue One right? It literally ends showing the first few minutes of ANH.

Unless you meant character-wise?

You *did* see the ending of Rogue One right? It literally ends showing the first few minutes of ANH.

For real, I mean, ALL of Rouge One set up all the rest of the movies. Granted, it was told in reverse but still, you can't say it doesn't tie in. It was the birth of the Death Star for goodness sake.

I left feeling very satisfied. It gave me everything I needed.

literally screamed at Ben/Rey kiss. Also, and I'm sure another viewing will clarify, but wouldn't Palpatine's son (Rey's father) have been the big threat? Why was he so intent on Rey?
I wondered about that too. I mean, I'm ok with her being a Palpatine for the purpose of her history but where does that come from? Would be great to know something, anything, about her family other than Palpatine

No - Rogue One didn't "tie into the series" so much as it was tacked on to the beginning of Episode IV, after the fact, badly It doesn't propel the main narrative in the same way the marvel movies interweave (or like the Mandalorian or Clone Wars did/does). Solo might, if they actually continue the story and then weave its storyline into the main narrative (but I doubt that's going to happen) as it is that was just a character expansion piece for a now dead character...
It'd be like going back and doing a movie of baby Thanos, NOW. It'd be a one-off story that would attempt to explain Thanos' motivations and it might even be a fun movie - but it wouldn't propel the franchise or storyline forward (unless you use that to introduce a character that WOULD appear in the future storyline)

Did anyone notice if Rey's Light Saber at the end was double bladed? Seemed like she just lit one side, and then got sidetracked?"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter