The Running Thread - 2018

ATTQOTD: I try to pick colors I like. haha. That being said my current shoes are mostly pink and while not a color I would've chosen they are very comfy. I could just order another pair online and have a color I like better and at some point I will, but I just take whatever is at the running store if I am trying something new for the first time.

ATTQOTD: I've got some pretty ridiculous ones in my collection. The variety just helps me keep the mileage straight on each pair. I like wild colors/patterns, but my wife will sometimes say "you're wearing those?" or other times will just roll her eyes. In reality, I probably go a little further with my color selection just because I know she thinks they look weird. She'll only wear the simplest of running shoe colors.

ATTQOTD:
Like others, I go for fit/comfort over color. But given the choice, I like a little style. My current pair are mostly black with a little coral and aqua accents and I love them (they compliment my black leggings well)... so much, I ordered another pair!

ATTQOTD: I love bright and multicolored running shoes to the point where I'm sometimes envious of the expanded color ranges and brightness of the women's versions of my shoes.

Just got back from my Disney cruise! I ran the Castaway Cay 5k! My watch only said it was 2.9 miles, but a PR is a PR :)
jxudtdL.jpg

I will happily take any color shoe if the fit is good and helps me run pain and injury free. I do avoid all white or black though.

I use my non-running sneakers to get more fun with colors! Love my vintage saucony Jazz - I have 4-5 different colors!

ATTQOTD: No, I don't care what my shoes look like. They will be replaced in 2-3 months max so they are temporary. I don't love really dark colors in the summer (like black or dark purple like I have now) because they show the salt so bad. It is kind of like a dark colored car in the winter.

@LSUlakes , can you add this for me:

May
06 - Wendy98 - Flying Pig Marathon (TBD/ N/A)

I debated doing the Skyline 4 way challenge. On race weekend you run 10k on Saturday at 8 am and the 5k at 10 am. Then the next morning you do the marathon. I feel so beaten after a hard 5k--that is what held me back. I will just stick with the marathon. This is the 20th year of the Flying Pig and they are giving away a finisher's jacket to marathoners. After last year's Boston/Pig double, I never thought I would try that again, but I am a sucker for such a nice giveaway! Asics has always sponsored the Pig stuff and I love how it fits.

ATTQOTD: As long as they fit right, I always go for the bright colors in running shoes. Well, almost any shoe. This also goes for purses, even though most of my clothing falls in the boring black, white, occasionally blue category.

I guess I care more about what I’m going to be looking at than what other people have to with what I’m wearing. :-)

ATTQOTD: I am irrationally happy in bright, happy colors of running shoes! Just looking down during a tough run and seeing something bright and cheery is instantly uplifting. So I almost never choose black or navy if I have options... and then, inevitably, I'll start planning a Disney race outfit and wish I had a shoe in a neutral color. I did finally buy a pair of mostly black shoes with that in mind - and the joke's on me, because they turned out not to be good shoes for me. :rolleyes: From now on, I'll stick to my crazy colors and not worry about clashing with costumes lol!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter