Wow!!! That's Nuts! Pin Trading Event!

Pirate i forget to get GC Can u get it for me i'll trade u back plz

Im desperate !!

Pirate-Emery I was in room and saw you say "thanks" which means you made it past the dc monster and got your pin! Congrats! What did you get?

I was second in the room when it first opened. popcorn pin for her grand cali, she was really nice. I had been clicking on search fir it for nine mnutes before I got in, but I got it!

crazypete yes she is trading that pin :thumbsup2 would host_phinhy take 5 of my pretzel pins for 5 of hers

Drat drat drat.
It was my turn, I was going to get Ezra. KrazyPete asked if Phinny could get Gravedigger, she said yes, I thought "well, I guess that's fine" she went away to get it...then I knew it was too late for me. By the time she came back, she opened the trade window, we both put them up, i pressed accept...and I dc!!! If I had just traded her for Ezra which she had instead of waiting for her to go get gravedigger...I would have a pin right now! Oh well, I was trying to get lucky twice i guess! KrazyPete I really hope you got it or that was worth nothing!

WDWLIGHTNINGZ said:
Pirate i forget to get GC Can u get it for me i'll trade u back plz

Im desperate !!

Oh please, don't do this to me! :guilty:

I'm sorry, but the Grand Californian is my usual hotel when I go down to Disneyland... :sad1:

Can you get back in?

EDIT:

Here are Phinny's Pins!

phinnyspins.jpg

Groovydolly said:
crazypete yes she is trading that pin :thumbsup2
Actually, she wasn't trading it. At least she wasn't wearing it. While I was in the river, I said something about wishing that she had it. And the people in front of both said that was what they needed too (imagine that). So she got a few.

So, I got through my trade and I got the pin I needed. Yesterday I completed my Jungle Cruise set and today I completed my Mansion set. This event can be aggravating to get into but to me it's been worth it. :thumbsup2

THANKS PHINNY!!! :banana:

pirateprincessKT said:
Drat drat drat.
It was my turn, I was going to get Ezra. KrazyPete asked if Phinny could get Gravedigger, she said yes, I thought "well, I guess that's fine" she went away to get it...then I knew it was too late for me. By the time she came back, she opened the trade window, we both put them up, i pressed accept...and I dc!!! If I had just traded her for Ezra which she had instead of waiting for her to go get gravedigger...I would have a pin right now! Oh well, I was trying to get lucky twice i guess! KrazyPete I really hope you got it or that was worth nothing!

Oh, I'm so sorry! If I had an extra Ezra I would totally give it to you! I'll see if I can get a mule in there to get you one.

LOL It's ok I'll go for the room later.

I know your probably thinking HOW ON EARTH CAN HE FORGET TO GET THE PIN!?

I got the Zebra one and was not thinking about the Grand Cali.

WDWLIGHTNINGZ said:
LOL It's ok I'll go for the room later.

I know your probably thinking HOW ON EARTH CAN HE FORGET TO GET THE PIN!?

I got the Zebra one and was not thinking about the Grand Cali.

Ok... and from the looks of things, Grand Cali is going to be in there all weekend.

I can't quite tell. It took me a long time, over ten minutes, to get into the queue. Then I went from 49 to 31 in about 4 minutes. Then .... then dc

KrazyPete said:
Thanks for the head's up Lightning :) I am on my main account because that's where I keep all my pins. I don't have the patience to try to mule this event. If I can get in once per round that's fine with me. :thumbsup2

I'm back in line now at 33. I appreciate the reports of what Phinny is wearing but we have conflicting information on the pin that I need. Can anyone state with absolute certainty wether or not she is trading the Gravedigger pin? It's the Mansion pin where the little guy is holding up a lantern. Thanks :teeth:

1779HM_gravedigger.jpg
NOT when I was in there, but Groovy says she was for her, so I guess we never know! :confused3

Hi All,

Silly questions to ask, but might as well since it's here.

1. Which HM pin was the host/event pin?

2. How many times can you go back into trade room after you've already traded for one? Anyone go back a second time? Or are people muling it. (purely hypothetical, since dc'ing before trading is so common :))

I have tried for that Ezra pin 8 times! I dc every single time when I am standing 1st or second in line actually in the room, or even while trading. I'm so sick of this, I give up! I just want mansion pins, the first chance I've ever had to get them was today, I think I'm just going to take my one lucky Madame Leota and run. I have no others and I think I never will, this is too time consuming and heartbreaking because of the 20-minute-line-20-minute-dc timer! I thought I could keep getting in line to get the full set, but 8 times I dc IN THE ROOM, it is too frustrating, I already yelled really loudly in frustration and woke my sleeping family up! Oh well, good luck to all of you!

Okay... My "Emery" is on his way in at number 47. I've outfitted him with my extra Turkey Leg and my Sorceror Mickey hat: he is my official other character, not just a mule. :teeth:

Good Luck and Godspeed, little guy!

Trying For Grand Cali!

Status - 14

I always buy my brother the weekend pins, but he's never on so i kinda borrowed his for trades. I collect pins so i dont trade mine unless i have spares :)

Emery Status: 18

PirateEmery Status: Watching Emery's process...

BriarRosie said:
Interesting thing happened last night. I saw the posts from people who wondered why the line wasn't moving. Since I was in the room, I can answer the question.

Phinny made about 5 trades, then she dc. It took her a long while for her
to return. Then, she was trying to trade the person in front of me, and
THAT took forever. There was a problem where the trade would not go
through. She thought she fixed it, but the poor guy dc. :(

I think you might be talking about my friend bestfredyet. I was behind him in line and watched him disappear about 2-3 minutes after he got to the front of the line. Then Hula came in and Phinny told her she was "freezing" in trades. I sent him an email to see if he got his trade done, and he told me he didn't get to complete the trade. They put their stuff in. They both clicked accept. He hit the [OKAY] button about 100 times, and it wouldn't work. During the whole time, he was typing to Phinny that he was pressing okay but it wasn't finishing the trade.

He was going to take my trade offer of two Floridians for my "holy grail" pin (if you also trade real pins, you know what that means), too, which means he and I both lost out. Oh, and I got the dc before I even hit the front of the line.

Over all, the DDs and I got into the trade room about a combined 8-10 times last night, and dc every time, including 2x when we were next in line to trade, and another 3-4 times when Phinny herself dc'd.

I had begun to wonder why they stopped the pin trading, because I loved it. Now I know. It was a dc nightmare before, and they haven't solved the technical problems.

pirateprincessKT said:
I have tried for that Ezra pin 8 times! I dc every single time when I am standing 1st or second in line actually in the room, or even while trading. I'm so sick of this, I give up! I just want mansion pins, the first chance I've ever had to get them was today, I think I'm just going to take my one lucky Madame Leota and run. I have no others and I think I never will, this is too time consuming and heartbreaking because of the 20-minute-line-20-minute-dc timer! I thought I could keep getting in line to get the full set, but 8 times I dc IN THE ROOM, it is too frustrating, I already yelled really loudly in frustration and woke my sleeping family up! Oh well, good luck to all of you!

Settle down now ;)

I'm back in line. And there are two more trading events today. If I get back through I'll get you Ezra or some Mansion pin other than Leota (since that's the one you already have).

Now, if you are still trying to get in you have to let me know what you get so that I don't get you one you already have. OK?

Pirate-Emery said:
Here are Phinny's Pins!

phinnyspins.jpg

Reposting on this page for folks to see...

Emery Status: 10
PirateEmery Satus: Just dc... (maybe working off of a Desktop is better than wireless on a laptop?)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter