One particular owner of most DCL Facebook groups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Links to other social media sites are not allowed on DISboards. Especially for cruise meet groups/Fish Extenders.

DISboards prefers that cruise meet groups and Fish Extender groups on DISboards be handled directly on DISboards.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/i...uise-meet-and-fish-extender-programs.3353477/

On my disboards cruise page there is the email of the lady organizing our FE on facebook through Ali's site for people to join. I believe there is also a link or the cruise page name for cruisers to find the FB page.

Ali is not on my particular cruise but has shut down a thread on my cruise group page and is the moderator or controller of the 'FISH EXTENDER DISNEY CRUISE LINE' FB group and the FE SHOP/SELL GROUP. That site is controlled with an iron fist with her shutting down threads daily. It doesn't affect me personally but I have seen the threads shut down.
I also didn't realize it was the same person until a thread was closed on our cruise group page. Someone, not Ali, posts info on the site about group mixology classes and organized our FE and I think she is on our cruise. Very interesting indeed. Why would someone want to take on such a huge task unless she makes money from the site. I never noticed if there is advertising or ads scrolling or posted throughout the threads

On my disboards cruise page there is the email of the lady organizing our FE on facebook through Ali's site for people to join. I believe there is also a link or the cruise page name for cruisers to find the FB page.
Do people still post links and direct others posting on DISboards cruise meet threads to other sites? Yes. Are they supposed to? No.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/i...uise-meet-and-fish-extender-programs.3353477/

If the moderators notice repeated posts directing others elsewhere, the post will be deleted. Most of the time they slip under the radar and nothing happens.

Ali is not on my particular cruise but has shut down a thread on my cruise group page and is the moderator or controller of the 'FISH EXTENDER DISNEY CRUISE LINE' FB group and the FE SHOP/SELL GROUP. That site is controlled with an iron fist with her shutting down threads daily. It doesn't affect me personally but I have seen the threads shut down.
I also didn't realize it was the same person until a thread was closed on our cruise group page. Someone, not Ali, posts info on the site about group mixology classes and organized our FE and I think she is on our cruise. Very interesting indeed. Why would someone want to take on such a huge task unless she makes money from the site. I never noticed if there is advertising or ads scrolling or posted throughout the threads

Yeah this is what I find creepy and controlling. She's not even going on your cruise yet she is shutting down posts on your cruise page? I do not understand why the group admins allow her to have this kind of power. Ugh. :sad2:

take it from a lawyer, nobody is taking that case. she would be laughed out of every office in the country unless she was willing to pay a ridiculous amount in attorney fees that were guaranteed regardless of whether or not the case was thrown out a week after filing or not.
But didnt a wedding photographer recenrly win a 1 million dollar case against a couple who started an online bashing campaign??

But didnt a wedding photographer recenrly win a 1 million dollar case against a couple who started an online bashing campaign??
I have no idea about the case you are referring to, but it fits easily with the below previously posted comment.
and? unless she can prove that the accusations are 100% false and the only intent of the comments is to cause her financial harm, she has no recourse.

Yes. Look at the Dream, June 1, 2018. However, those particular posts have been erased.
Hmm..... it seems that someone on that thread should give a head's up to the moderators that there are a couple of people over there directing traffic away from DISboards to the other site. Unfortunately, I can't do that, as I'm not on that cruise.

Sad that people can't realize that different sites can each have their own identity. There's no reason there can't be cruise meet groups on 2 (or more sites) each with their "own" Fish Extender groups (or any other groups they want to set up). And there are people who don't "get" that a FE set up on another site is NOT a DISboards FE group.

Yes. Look at the Dream, June 1, 2018. However, those particular posts have been erased.

Sadly that is all we can do - remove the posts when they pop up. As Shmoo said, sometimes we don't notice so we do need it to be reported when and if it is occurring. If its innocent enough and someone is just mentioning it in passing and has a history of being involved on the boards it might slip by but for instance someone with a low post count that repeatedly posts to drive traffic? Gone. In shorter terms - talking about Facebook is fine, driving people to it is not.

We did take notice of her full name and had a discussion about it last night - thankfully it has been removed from the title and the thread since then. She does put it out there on her websites which the public CAN access - her main FE google sheet is not secret and lists her full name - and she is also listed in a public view as a moderator on the Junkies' sites. I think if we can all refrain from using her full name going forward though that would be best as she is not a public entity.

This makes so much sense! My upcoming cruise she is admin. Only this morning I was commenting my husband that it seems that posts were shut down as I. “No more comments” when they related to a vaccination requirement or like this morning all comments about copyright infringement were deleted!!

This makes so much sense! My upcoming cruise she is admin. Only this morning I was commenting my husband that it seems that posts were shut down as I. “No more comments” when they related to a vaccination requirement or like this morning all comments about copyright infringement were deleted!!
If you are on the WBPC 2018, I know there has been some discussion for this cruise about vaccinations, there is another FB group

For USA citizens. They don’t have a need for immunizations further than what you would need. Typical tetanus shot and what not.

Unfortunately MJ, some groups start out without her but she works her way into groups and takes over. Next thing you know it's her way or the highway. She kicks people out who questions why she takes over and then boom. You are left without a group.

She can't take over a group unless the creator make her an admin. Kick her out of the group. Done. She isn't taking over your group.

Y
If you are on the WBPC 2018, I know there has been some discussion for this cruise about vaccinations, there is another FB group
we ended up getting our yellow fever shots. Our travel clinic agreed it was required... and agreed that thee may be people who are unable to disembark in Costa Rica without the certificate.

Y

we ended up getting our yellow fever shots. Our travel clinic agreed it was required... and agreed that thee may be people who are unable to disembark in Costa Rica without the certificate.
If the vaccination is required, and they don't have documentation that they have it, they won't be allowed to even board the ship.

According to the CDC: There is no risk of yellow fever in Costa Rica. The government of Costa Rica requires proof of yellow fever vaccination only if you are arriving from a country with risk of yellow fever. This does not include the US. If you are traveling from a country other than the US, check this list to see if you may be required to get the yellow fever vaccine:https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/yellowbook/2018/infectious-diseases-related-to-travel/yellow-fever#5291

Y

My 16 year old daughter is going to Costa Rica for a week long school travel trip and does not need any additional immunizations. this is the 7th time our school has gone to Costa Rica so they are familiar with immunization requirements. I know my husband went to Ecuador in August and his PMD had him get some kind of immunization that was completely unnecessary and we had to pay $100 for it. Just be ware that MDs are not always correct on what is needed for travel.

Someone here on DISboards told you to go somewhere else to do your Fish Extender?

Not that I can see. We are on the same cruise. The poster expressed interest in FE, someone else also asked about it and then a third participant chimed in that, "we are signed up for a FE via the FB page." Then they asked for the link to the FB page and I explained that we could not provide that here. Unless @CanuckOnaBoat is on another cruise and was told to go elsewhere, then it's this one: https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...anean-barcelona-to-rome-june-16-2018.3581047/

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter